“Good locality, clean and good”
Review of Dengba Inn

Dengba Inn
Ranked #12 of 322 Hotels in Emeishan
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hostel is located just 5 mins walk from Baoguoshi bus station. I visited Leshan Big Buddha on 24 May 2014 and took a bus from Leshan Bus station to Baoguoshi bus station for RMB11.It is about an hour travel.

The hostel is very easy to find as it is located about 5 mins walking distance from Baoguoshi bus station. The Baoguoshi bus station is also beside the bus station where you took the bus to Emeishan (RMB 90 for a 2 hr bus ride to the cable car station at Lei Dong pin and return; from LeiDongpin where you can take the cable car up to the Golden Top or hike up the stairs). The hostel location is perfect for both easy access to Emeishan and travel from Leshan and Chengdu. The bus to Chengdu costs RMB 50 and took about 2 hrs. So, if you look at convenience and locality wise, this hostel is perfect for travelers to Mt Emei.

The courteous and helpful female assistant (the boss's girlfriend) gives me a very good impression of the hostel. She served us free tea when we returned from our trip to Emeishan and also when we have our meals at the hostel. The male boss who handled the reception desk spoke perfect English and gave us good advice on our trip. He looks young and enterprising.

The room is perfectly clean, spacious and well-maintained. We like the American type of toilet and the warm lighting in the room. We booked a 3 bedroom for RMB 160. I think it is cheap and well worth the money.

During our 2-day stay in the hostel, we ate most of our times at the hostel. The meals are reasonably cheap and the hostel has a very good chef. It served simple but nice meals; not salty or oily. We spent only about 50RMB for each meal (3 persons). There is a menu for you to choose your dishes. My wife and mother in law praised the chef for the delicious meals that she had cooked for us.

The hostel is designed in a perfectly western style but with a strong stint of Chinese culture. Just a perfect combination and we met a American couple who also complimented the hostel for being cheap, good meals, American toilet and clean environment.

I will definitely book the hostel again if I visit Emeishan.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank soh_kien_peng

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place is easy to find, after the bus to Emeishan town at the bus stop walk 4 alleys back and the hostel is on your left.
The hostel is correct, I had a look at the dorm, it is ok and clean, but staying 4 nights I took the double room with bathroom inside. The bed was comfortable, the room and the bath clean. Noting to complain about the hostel. The front office guy spoke a perfect English and he is very helpful with informations. Restaurants are abundant in the streets, but also expensive if you compare with the large cities. The hostel restaurant has food and not too expensive and good a bit to oily for me but good. If you drink beer ask for the beer to be in the fridge the day before. But if you decide to climb to top of the mountain for free, leave your bags in the hostel and take your minimum and climb the whole mountain, there is a good number of monasteries , who will provide you with food and bed for the nights. There is million of stairs up and down, you will need a minimum of 2 days to do all temples. It was very good experience.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gheefrenchie
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The rooms are big, clearn and in very good condition and of very good value. The one English speaking staff member is very friendly and helpful. If he's not available though, things could get complicated with the rest of the staff.
Not only that they don't understand a word, they also signal with every part of their body that you don't want to communicate with you.
But if you don't need a lot of support and buy your breakfast at Teddybear Hosel (more choices and much cheaper), this hostel is a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Treppensteiger
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed here for one night in December during low season and was very happy with my choice. The hostel is centrally located and is a good base for a trip to Emei Shan. There was only one other guy in my room. The room was cold and there was no heating. The bathroom is not very clean and there was no toilet paper but for the price I paid (45 yuan per bed) it is great value. Food at hostel is excellent.I really liked the Kung Pao Chicken for dinner,

Hostel staff is friendly and helpful and will give advice on where to hike at Emei Shan. You dont need to make any arrangements prior if you just want to go to Emei Shan for a day. Also read my review on the national park. I only went there for half a day and it was a perfect trip!

The hostel is just a 3 minute walk from the central bus station. When coming from Leshan don't get off at the first stop in Emei, as nobody spoke English I got off with everybody else and thought I was in the right place yet had to take a scooter for another 10 km to the real bus stop. Remember to have the hostel address as a printout in Chinese characters as nobody in Emei speaks English.

All in all i can really recommend this place if you want to see Emei Shan.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank theastravels
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I'm not belive that hostel C will better because last year i booking with Jiuzhaigou is not good so much. Finally i stay in homestay local. First plan i need visit to Teddy bear but can't contact,. Hostel C instead. Good everything.

- Good place
- Good price
- Good service
- Good room (bed so relax, Hot water full system.)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Toyotaway
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Emeishan hostel C was a comfortable , well located hostel with staff who tried to be helpful, but...despite the advertising no English was spoken and much of the food on the extensive menu was not available. There are restaurants with English menus on the main street. It is as if someone went to the expense and trouble to set up a superior hostel, and then, once the infrastructure was in place, dedicated little effort to actually run it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ian M
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My smaller-sized, private room was quite nice: lovely wooden floor, screens on windows, good shower. However, I missed the advertised English-speaking staff and the helpful staff that others have mentioned. The receptionist spoke a few English words, and that was all the English I encountered other than the handy signs on that I could point to when I wanted to leave my luggage and check out. I felt like serving me was a chore, which it may have been due to our lack of common language, but I have stayed at other hotels where the reception was friendlier in spite of that lack. Friendlier staff would have made my stay at the hostel more enjoyable. The restaurant on the corner across the street has good food and a menu with English translations. The server was friendly in spite of our lack of common language.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo