“Pelican overall”

Pelican Hotel and Restaurant
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've eaten here many times in the past 5 or 6 years. It changed hands recently and the young ladies who are running it are doing a good job. This is a average to good Tico type restaurant. Very informal. Nothing special on the menu but does need anything special just good fresh fish, chicken, etc. Usually a nice breeze from the ocean. Reasonable prices.

Bring some mosquito spray for your legs and ankles in the evening. The dogs and cats running around are a damn nuisance and full of fleas but I did not notice any the last time I ate there.

2  Thank Leaper33

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our adventure to Hotel Pelicano's restaurant was a memorable one. Our waiter was responsive and friendly. A fun group of people from Florida and California were gathered at the bar and we heard about their adventures in Costa Rica. The beach was immediate and a beautiful ocean breathe was blowing. All in all it's worth taking in the property and the fun ladies who own it.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My family of five had a nice dinner here during our recent trip to Costa Rica. The food was very good, fresh and tasty. I enjoyed the fish curry, it was spiced perfectly. The night we were there they were very busy and understaffed so the service was slow, but since we were on vacation and enjoying the fact that we were in no hurry we didn't mind. Would definitely eat there again!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stopped here for lunch. The hotel is a funky surf hotel, funky I guess in a good way. I had the Mexico tacos and they were very good and hit the spot.

If in the area I'd go back for lunch and try some other things on the menu!

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We came here for dinner,so we could only hear the ocean, still nice though. We had Fish Casado and Chicken Sandwich. And it was delicious!!!