I wish to echo the comments of the last few reviewers: this place is wonderful and very memorable. So as not to repeat, here are just a few specifics and some photos.
We did the two-resort package: all transfers worked perfectly. (Our flight from the states had to be rerouted, so we arrived at the airport at 10:00pm instead of 1:pm. We called the spa ahead of time and they had transportation waiting for us even though reception was closed. In the room they had a fresh fruit plate waiting.) Takes about 2:15 hrs to travel between resorts in a comfortable van. The free meals with the package are whichever meals you decide at the time you checkout.
The open-to-the-outside shower is a delight. Total privacy facing a garden. You don't just have two sinks in the bathroom, you have two separate vanities on opposite sides of the shower.
The beach is powder-fine sand. The sunbeds have cushions and are on soft, plush grass with no burrs or bugs. During July the resort is very uncrowded, as is the whole beach. There are some nice breakers in the surf and you can check out a boogie board from the office.
The food is extraordinary; very fresh seafood. We usually stay at all-inclusive resorts, but the prices here are so low that cost was not remotely a consideration. Beer was three dollars. A good wine: $25 a bottle. Free breakfast (hot meals also available for a charge) is from 7-10am, lunch 12-3pm, dinner 6-9pm. Dinner entree prices are from $10-$18. Selection includes chicken, seafood, delicious filet mignon, pasta, and vegetarian dishes. The special is always superb. Appetizers, soup, salad, and desserts are equally inexpensive. The waitstaff is very attentive and friendly. For lunch, you must try the grilled chicken sandwich.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast along Playa Esterillos Este, between Jaco Beach and Manuel Antonio, Alma del Pacifico is a luxury Costa Rica hotel featuring beachfront Caribbean hotel rooms and suites, a three-meal restaurant, full-service spa and a variety of exciting vacation activities. With distinct architecture and art, an extensive array of amenities and superb personal service, Alma del Pacifico Hotel is the premier luxury hotel in Costa Rica. A great alternative for luxury travelers wanting to visit Manuel Antonio while being on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xandari By The Pacific Hotel
- Xandari By The Pacific Resort
- Alma Del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Esterillos Este