Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa
Hotel Playa Bejuco(Esterillos Este)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$65
Travelocity
Hotel Delfin Playa Bejuco(Playa Bejuco)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$127
Hotels.com
La Dolce Vita(Esterillos Oeste)(Great Value!)
US$76
Beso del Viento(Parrita)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$78
US$76
US$90
US$88
Backyard Hotel(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
US$115
Travelocity
Encantada Ocean Cottages(Esterillos Este)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsplunge pooloutdoor showercosta ricaprivate gardenmanuel antoniorestaurant staffthe wait staffhotel is beautifulcouples massageopen airrented a caroverlooking the oceanscarlet macawsrainy seasonlow tidepeaceful placeincluded breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Located on a uncrowded beach the Alma del Pacifico was the perfect place. Our very appealing villa was spacious and comfortable. We found that taking a shower outdoors was very relaxing. The staff were efficient and friendly. The property was well maintained and it seemed like we always had one of the beautiful outdoor pools all to ourselves. We would like to get back to the Alma before the end of the year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Been here for a couple of times attracted by the beach front property and larger, nicely decorated rooms. What wasn't obvious is that that was all you were going to get for your expensive rate. Restaurant is definitely the poor service I've ever gotten in Costa Rica (and that is not small merit...). Expensive, takes for ever, waiter seems as having being pulled from the street, given a plate and pushed to the restaurant. Being a costarrican myself, i can't help to feel sorry for the tourists that often traver from so far away and spent so much money just to end in this lousy place... ah, and don't think this was a bad, exceptional day. I've come here 2 times separate by several months (yes, i tripped twice...) and to their merit they are consistently BAD.

Room Tip: the best room is the one you don't stay in
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank MALECR2014
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our ocean front villa was huge and unreal. The colors, open shower, art, etc. all were extremely impressive. The beach is very wide, particularly at low tide. It had the possibility of being an ideal beach resort ... except that they need to pay attention to some of the details. Service at the restaurant was frustratingly slow. There was a leak in the bathroom ceiling, two broken lights, and two of the electric outlets were so close to the shelves that I could not plug in a transformer. It seemed like one person had to be the concierge / gift shop manager / operator at the same time, so usually nobody was at the front desk.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront villa.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David0514
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The staff at Restaurant at Alma del Pacifico went far the extra mile, to help me on a busy day, taking care of reservations for lunch and dinners with such a quick confindent friendly response.
last december 30th, I had so many people with me and needed to organize lunches and dinners for several people and all was fixed with just a phone call. when we showed up, tables were set right on the beach, and friendly and bilingual staff was serving excellent costa rican meals. if you visit Esterillos, this place is a must to go for lunch or dinner. great value and quality. thanks Giancarlo for such excellent attention.

Room Tip: Villa 9 is awesome. own jaccuzi ocean front.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Diego C
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I give the rooms an absolute 5 star plus. We had booked a beach front villa and got a massive room with our own small plunge pool. It was gorgeous.
Although the hotel was full, because of the lay out, it never feels crowded. There are 2 pools and many loungers by the pool and on the beach.

We had 2 bad exeperiences with the reception staff:
We initially stayed in the farthest room, nbr 13. Then the neighbouring property wanted to burn dry leaves. The smoke was horrendous, we alerted reception at noon. They told us they would sort it out. At 3 pm the smoke was still there, we spoke to ther reception again and they told us the same story. By 5 nothing had been done so I asked to change room. We had such a battle about this and the girl at reception was just laughing at me. I stood my ground and we changed room but the whole experience was negative. They could have helped us at 12 pm yet did nothing.
Also I had prepaid a tour to Manuel Antonio. The hotel had taken the money yet had not booked the tour. We told reception we wanted a private tour. She told is she would book this and we confirmed this twice with her. On arrival at the park, we were on a group tour. Only thanks to the Manuel Antonio expeditions, did we get our private tour.

We did enjoy our stay as we were lazy on the beach, enjoyed the pool, the nice food and restaurant staff are all lovely.
But a hotel that charges their prices needs to offer perfect customer service and there they fail. I am not sure I would advice a stay there, I guess if you have no issues during your stay, it is all fine. But excellence is often shown when things go wrong and Alma de Pacifico shows no signs of excellence.

Room Tip: I would have been disappointed with a room in the back. Best to pay the upgrade for seaview and if budget stretches, book villa with plunge pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple