“Beachfront it is!”

Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Esterillos Este
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Very nice Hotel, with good accomoddations. We had a beachfront bungalow overlooking the ocean. Great sea, clean and enormous beach with a small strip of grass between bungalows and beach. very friendly service and good restaurant. Accessible but a bit isolated.
To be recommended

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank EVDBEM

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Our family stayed at the Alma del Pacifico for 4 days in early June 2014. It was a beautiful ocean resort with tropical landscaping, almost private beach, beautiful rooms & an outstanding restaurant. The staff was excellent & very helpful. It made for a great Costa Rica vacation. Our family included three groups with different interests- this resort met all those interests.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. We stayed in the garden rooms & we would not have changed them.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cindy V
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful villas, lovely grounds, very safe and comfortable. Each room is very spacious and uniquely decorated. The beach was perfect though only swim able at high tide. The restaurant was good - dinner especially - though very pricey. The staff was warm and kind except one waiter who was awful so we avoided eating in the restaurant when he was there. We would have liked to be closer to Manuel Antonio but enjoyed relaxing at the hotel immensely.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This wedding venue is breathtaking. The ceremony was wonderful. Everything went smoothly. The food was okay. Appetizers were better than the meal. Service was very good. Very friendly and accommodating wait-staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sclaireh
Reviewed 17 June 2014

When I set up my stay here, I knew Alma del Pacifico was going to be nice - but it exceeded my expectations! I stayed a premium ocean front villa and can't believe how close we were to the sand and surf, how spacious and well designed the bungalow was and how we even had our own private plunge pool in front of the ocean! I really know of no other place in the country that offers beachfront accommodations like this, really great!

We didn't want to leave the villa so we ordered room service to eat on the private patio in front of the ocean - the food was excellent and reasonably priced. I liked having the TV and the bungalow is spacious enough for families with the sleeper couch and the possibility of bring in a roll away bed. Manuel Antonio is right down the road, so you can do all the tours there as well as the Aerial tram, Crocodile Tour, Turtle Island tours which are available in Jacó. I liked how we had the beach to ourselves, no tourists - very romantic and secluded.

Room Tip: If you can splurge and get one of the Premium or Beachfront Bungalows it's well worth it. Noth...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I spent 4 nights at this outstanding hotel with my fiance. The staff arranged shuttle service from the San Jose airport directly to (and from) the hotel, which was easy and comforting (especially for those who don't know much about getting around the country). We were greeted warmly by the staff as we walked in. Just stepping through the entrance instantly made me feel satisfied with my choice to stay here. The walkways are exuberant in artsy decorations, colorful walls, and bright plants and flowers.

We stayed in a garden bungalow-- another option is the beachfront villa where you can directly face the ocean. However, we were extremely pleased with our bungalow. There's a mini bar that the staff fills with Costa Rican beer, wine, juices, water, coffee and so much more. It has an outdoor shower, right in the back of the large room, where the water flows into your personal garden (this was my favorite). There is a lot of privacy in these rooms that look like colorful, cute studios. There IS WiFi in the rooms and hotel (if you have time to even check your phone)!

There is a restaurant on the premises, and my fiance and I ate there constantly. The food was absolutely incredible (coming from a food-crazed girl!) Every meal was fresh and cooked exceptionally. The fruits are fantastic! You MUST try them. I hate eating papaya in the states-- it has a weird aftertaste-- but after trying it here, I fell in love. There is a free breakfast that is included with your stay, but I personally loved their Alma Pancakes which has banana, granola and rum in it. The Tico Breakfast is a typical Costa Rican breakfast, which was another favorite. A staff member told us (and we completely agree) to get seafood. Since the hotel is right by the ocean, you can be sure to get fresh and tasty seafood at any time. The whole Red Snapper, Mahi Mahi, Grilled Tuna, and Sashimi dishes were divine. Absolute perfection. Their tropical cheese is AWESOME! I honestly ordered it on the side of everything I got (try it fried, too). We also got drinks every night. If you have a sweet tooth like my fiance, go for the Black or White Russian. It's like a dessert in a wonderful cocktail. If you're more on the fruit and aromatic side like me, go for the mojitos. Best mojitos, ever. Seriously. I kept asking for more and more.

Literally steps away from the restaurant is the ocean. You can walk on the beach and see tons of little crabs. We even found a seahorse! There are hammocks, swings and beach chairs available. At night, it gets pitch black, but the staff goes out and lights cool tiki torches. Be mindful of the tides-- it can get really low FAST. They have two pools on the premises and a hot tub. While we were there, there were not a ton of guests, so we had a lot of privacy, even in the large pool.

The staff at this hotel are so helpful and sweet. They have great personalities! They would stop to have a conversation with us, and assist us in any way possible. Carmen was amazing! She helped arrange many trips for us around the country, which we needed a lot of help with since we had never been to Costa Rica before. She made sure to find great deals and prices for taxis and tours. Other staff members made us feel "at home" in this beautiful hotel.

I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. GREAT choice if you're visiting Costa Rica for the first time, or any time at all. I definitely had a wonderful first experience in this country. Thank you all for the lovely time!!!

Room Tip: If you really desire a full view of the ocean and have a larger group, go for the villas. The garden...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank iSawah
Reviewed 19 May 2014

It's a great peaceful place to expend some relax vacations, it's near the city, restaurant is really good, the service is great and the gardens are fantastic, rooms are unique and you can enjoy of a lot of privacy...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
BarryStrud, Owner at Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

May, June and July are three of my favorite months and the rates are great.

The roads in the central Pacific are vastly improved over the past few years mad now Manuel Antonio is just 30 minutes away on a well paved road. There is also a new toll road which puts Alma just 90 minutes from the airport.

Good advice on getting a car, but I'd add also getting a GPS. We're just 25 minutes to both Jaco Beach and to Manuel Antonio.

Here is a tip our less adventurous guest ofter do: Consider getting ground transport to the hotel and then have a rental car delivered to the hotel the next morning. Our reservations staff can help you out on this.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Esterillos Este
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa
Tulemar Resort
Tulemar Resort
#2 of 47 in Manuel Antonio

Been to Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!