“Wonderful experience in the Jungle”

Sumatranorangutans Jungleadventure - Private Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 16 September 2014

We took the 2 day trekking with Papola as our guide. The experience was amazing we had the opportunity to see Orangutans just starting the trek. Papola took care of us during all the trekking and give us a lot of explanations about the jungle, he even showed to us jungle plants that are good for different purposes.

We were 4 people traveling (family) and all of us were very satisfied with the guide.

2  Thank jmunozsa

Reviewed 17 August 2014

After a long flight from Europe we came in Bukit Lawang. After one day rest we wnet with Papola on Jungle Trekking. From all the young guides he was very calm and was waiting for use when we are eating our breakfast. Before booking the jungle trekking trip at The Green Hill we had a list with all the stuff we needed in the jungle. After our breakfast we walked through the village and our 3 day jungle trip was started.

Papola was very quiet but told us something about the trees, the plants and the environment. I think we are not aware about all those things but for us it sounded well known.

We have seen the orangutans, varans and a lot of other animals in the wild. Even at the second trekking camp we had a lot off monkeys drinking water at the river.

In both trekking camps we had really good service from our cooks. The cooks created real good from their kitchen based on a caldron and fire from the woods. The cooked really great and good food.

After our two nights in the jungle we went back to Bukit Lawang in tubes and rafting on the river. The guides where great. The did everything for us. Even carrying our bags back to the hotel.

We had a great time in the jungle. For us as western people it is very difficult to lose your connection with the rest of the world. But we know now how it is to lose your (internet) connection.

It was a really great adventure and we never want to miss this.

Thanks.

2  Thank Bierpuffo
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My friend and I were fortunate enough to have Papola introduce us to the magic world of Sumatra´s Jungle! Unfortunately our holiday was running short in time so we didn´t have the opportunity to stay overnight. However, our day with Papola was nonetheless intense and magic.
You could feel the strong and genuine attachment of this kind man to the jungle and every single tree, plant and creature living in it - the kind of attachment one will only gain after numerous years of both, professional study as well as uncompromising passion. We are thankful for Papola´s lovely way to share this world with us.
I cannot see ANY (!!!) reason at all why one would dislike his work, or even worse, accuse him of nasty things such as being a liar. I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that the negative review below was falsely attributed to Papola!!
All I can do is to stress - yet another time - that the Jungle of Sumatra simply wouldn't have been the same without the wise, intense and gracious guidance of Papola!
People, go see Bukit Lawang, go see the Orang Utans (he will show you where), have the sweetest pineapple ever tasted (he will give it to you) and experience the soothing sound of Sumatra´s Jungle!!!

2  Thank gochmann
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We did a 2 day 1 night jungle trek with Papola and Dedi Black. Thanks to their efforts, with Dedi often running up ahead of us to find wildlife, we saw everything we wanted and more.

Papola is fantastically experienced in all things jungle having started guiding in '89 - he knew the best parts of the jungle to explore, explained the traditional uses of endemic plants and told us about his experiences (including the fact that he once guided Queen Sofia of Spain - a royal stamp of approval...) His knowledge of traditional medicine particularly came in handy when I managed to cut open my elbow, entirely my own fault, and he fixed it up with some powder and ointment he'd prepared that day from plants he'd collected under way.

Dedi was enthusiastic and energetic, entertaining us in the evening with riddles, showing us the second waterfall behind our campsite (which was nicer and more secluded than the trekker's village downstream) and generally being a laugh.

I can't recommend their team and tour enough. Boud

2  Thank Boud D
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My partner and I went on a 2-day tour with Papola as guide, Dedi Black as assistant and Kamal as cook.
All three of them provided us with a fantastic experience.
Dedi ran on ahead whenever we stopped to look for more animals to show us.
In the evening Papola was full of stories and puzzles to entertain us
We slept near the waterfall, away from the "trekkers' village" and on the second day he and Kamal took us upstream to another waterfall and pool. I had some problems getting up and down and Kamal was extremely patient.
All in all, they make a great team and I would recommend all three of them.
Mel

1  Thank Mel N
Marhen S, Owner at Sumatranorangutans Jungleadventure - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you so much for your nice review, I need it much, hope it is help for my job.
Hope we see again.