This review is a bit over due but I've finally found a bit of spare time.
This was my 3rd time back to KBR and i was always of the view, why go go back to the same place when there are so many places to visit.
KBR is a home from home, when we arrived we were once again greeted like old friends, we stayed in the beach front bungalows and they were clean, spacious.
The food was as good as ever and the post dive treats were looked forward to with deserved anticipation.
The diving was as always exceptional, the dive team work incredibly hard to make sure everything was perfect and it was great to see Kaj again who continues to make the dive operation work well. This time we got to meet Barb who was in Oz on our previous trip. It was great to see the person behind some of the fantastic photos on the website, happy to share her advice and we had some good laughs over a beer in the bar at the end of a good days diving.
The dive guides do switch between guests every few days and this system ensures no one guide is hogged by a guest at the expense of other guests and it gives guests the chance to see more diversity as the different guides have different approaches and some are better at finding specific animals, but they are all excellent and also work together, so if one finds something really interesting and another group is on the same site they will often get the other guides attention so he can share it with his group. Group sizes remain small so you are not climbing over each over.
The housereef is fantastic and a great dive to see pygmy seahorses, i also finally got to see a blue ringed octopus this trip which was something I've always wanted to see.
what makes KBR special aside from the diving, location and resort, is all of the staff, nothing is too much trouble and the staff and Linda always do everything possible to resolve any issue or assist with any request. It is without exception the friendliest place i have ever stayed (3rd time now) and such a genuinely warm personal service.
Would I go back, try and stop me! Already got a trip booked for 2012.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kungkungan Bay Resort (KBR to its friends and soon to be friends) is proud to be the resort that introduced Lembeh Strait to the world. Being the first resort in Lembeh means we got first choice on locations. Our resort is located in its own private bay which the resort is named after. KBR is the only Sea Level Luxury resort in Lembeh. KBR is a full service resort which includes The only 24hrs full menu service Restaurant in Lembeh, Capt. Billy's Bar serving American Bar Food and Great Drinks, our full service Tepi Laut Spa (Seaside Spa) does Massages, Beauty Treatments, Manicures and Pedicures, and of course our PADI Dive Center with Equipment and Camera Rentals and 32% NITROX. Come join us and we will put the Dream into you next Dive Vacation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Kungkungan Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kungkungan Bay Hotel Bitung
- Kungkungan Bay Resort Indonesia/Bitung, Sulawesi