This resort could really be amazing, but it's not.
Rooms - Lovely. Enormous, clean, comfortable. Bug nets over the beds, amenities you need, big nice bathroom & balcony.
The resort itself is also very beautiful, great views and very relaxed. Pool and spa were very nice, but beach is not for swimming (garbage in the water etc. )
Food - Was mediocre at best and both me and my sister got horrible food poisoning. Not a way to enjoy your holiday! We did not eat anywhere else so it must have been the resort. We spent 24 hours vomiting followed by a few more days of general unwellness.
Diving - muck diving is pretty cool. Lots of wierd and amazing critters. Highly recommend the area. As for the operation itself, it is well below adequate.
1) Attitude. The dive shop operator had a really poor attitude, belittling my friends who are novice divers instead of trying to make them comfortable.
2) Equipment. The equipment my friends rented was absolutely horrible. Management said most people bring their own. That's fine - If you are not going to maintain your equipment you should not be renting it out. They had no depth gauge on the regs and the pressure gauges were faulty! Obviously the lack of proper equipment cut our dives short and was not safe, especially since they were novice divers and could have panicked had they not noticed and actually ran out of air.
3) Divemasters. Their guides are not all certified divemasters, some are just rescue diver certified. When my friend's equpment failed the guide led us all back to the anchor line and then suggested we leave them there to hang out until our return. I didn't think this was a good idea given they had no idea how much air they had and they are both novice divers.
4) back to attitude. The manager of the dive operation didn't seem to care he had given us faulty equipment. He refunded for one rental but not for the dive which ALL 4 of us had to end after just 15 mins. Needless to say we did not dive there again. I dont even think he said sorry.
Also, I would say this place is overpriced. The rooms are nice but everything else is not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kungkungan Bay Resort (KBR to its friends and soon to be friends) is proud to be the resort that introduced Lembeh Strait to the world. Being the first resort in Lembeh means we got first choice on locations. Our resort is located in its own private bay which the resort is named after. KBR is the only Sea Level Luxury resort in Lembeh. KBR is a full service resort which includes The only 24hrs full menu service Restaurant in Lembeh, Capt. Billy's Bar serving American Bar Food and Great Drinks, our full service Tepi Laut Spa (Seaside Spa) does Massages, Beauty Treatments, Manicures and Pedicures, and of course our PADI Dive Center with Equipment and Camera Rentals and 32% NITROX. Come join us and we will put the Dream into you next Dive Vacation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Kungkungan Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kungkungan Bay Hotel Bitung
- Kungkungan Bay Resort Indonesia/Bitung, Sulawesi