KBR offered us what it promised: Professionally organised and guided diving for weird critters in Lembeh Strait. Diving logistics are smooth and pleasant (snacks between dives, towels and drinks on the boat, camera room, ...). The guides are excellent - we photographed many new species - despite years of diving experience and many hundreds of dives. A very productive stay. We would, however, recommend that the water on board is not provided in disposable plastic cups (widespread in Indonesia) but in reusable bottles, as we have experienced in other resorts in Indonesia. Reducing plastic waste should be one of the highest and most urgent environmental priorities for Lembeh. KBR should have an interest in playing an exemplary model role in that.
The rooms of the hotel are very nice, stylish and comfortable (the bathroom a bit dark). The restaurant is really good and has an extended menu. Many items are (unexpectedly) american-inspired, e.g. burger, tex-mex style dishes, pancakes with maple sirup for breakfast, etc. We recommend to go for the indonesian dishes: Very good, fresh and tasty. The personnel is extremely friendly and very helpful. Due to intense boat traffic through the strait, the noise level can be a bit elevated at night - but we never travel without earplugs - so that was not a big issue.
We liked our stay and would go back anytime !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kungkungan Bay Resort (KBR to its friends and soon to be friends) is proud to be the resort that introduced Lembeh Strait to the world. Being the first resort in Lembeh means we got first choice on locations. Our resort is located in its own private bay which the resort is named after. KBR is the only Sea Level Luxury resort in Lembeh. KBR is a full service resort which includes The only 24hrs full menu service Restaurant in Lembeh, Capt. Billy's Bar serving American Bar Food and Great Drinks, our full service Tepi Laut Spa (Seaside Spa) does Massages, Beauty Treatments, Manicures and Pedicures, and of course our PADI Dive Center with Equipment and Camera Rentals and 32% NITROX. Come join us and we will put the Dream into you next Dive Vacation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Kungkungan Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kungkungan Bay Hotel Bitung
- Kungkungan Bay Resort Indonesia/Bitung, Sulawesi