My son & I spent 5 night in the resort.
We were met at the airport by one of the staff. The trip to the resort was about an hour & a half. The view of the strait when we rounded the last turn on the hill was great. Check in was quick & efficient. We are aquainted with all the facilities in the resort by the friendly manager & had all the dive equipment brought to the room while this was going on.
I must say that the walk to the chalet seemed quite long on the first occasion but we got used to it.
It made sense as we got a chalet quite far from the check-in / dining / kitchen area & the dive centre. It was luxuriously quiet at night with only the waves to accompany us.
Meals were excellent (but in an Indonesia flavour-wise way).
Our only regrets were that we did not stay long enough to sample all that was available on the menu. The dining area overlook the house reef. Crystal clear waters with lots of coral & fish.
We fed the fishes with bread provided by the kitchen staff. Nice touch.
Our primary interest was diving in Lembeh; which we did for 4 days.
The dive centre was well run by the manager, Stefan & his able and knowledgeable staff.
The resort was located right in the Lembeh straits, very close to the dive sites. It took just 2 - 5 minutes on the boat to almost all the sites we visited. Wonderful!
No more sitting in the boat for an hour or more getting to & from the dive sites (as happens in a lot of other places we have dived in). We return to the resort after every dive to have tea, lunch & dinner!
Saw a very good variety of marine life in the dives. The night dives were exceptional as well.
If you want to learn to dive, this is a good place to start. A number of dive sites are just about 20 feet or so. A begineer will feel safe. The water visibility is good - often 30 - 50 feet and the fish, marine life, coral etc are in abundance.
Thoroughly enjoyed the diving.
** Note: as there is a lot of sediments on the sea floor, we had to be extra vigilant about bouyancy control. Fanning the sea floor churns up a lot of particles & the visibility of the waters goes.... :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kungkungan Bay Resort (KBR to its friends and soon to be friends) is proud to be the resort that introduced Lembeh Strait to the world. Being the first resort in Lembeh means we got first choice on locations. Our resort is located in its own private bay which the resort is named after. KBR is the only Sea Level Luxury resort in Lembeh. KBR is a full service resort which includes The only 24hrs full menu service Restaurant in Lembeh, Capt. Billy's Bar serving American Bar Food and Great Drinks, our full service Tepi Laut Spa (Seaside Spa) does Massages, Beauty Treatments, Manicures and Pedicures, and of course our PADI Dive Center with Equipment and Camera Rentals and 32% NITROX. Come join us and we will put the Dream into you next Dive Vacation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Kungkungan Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kungkungan Bay Hotel Bitung
- Kungkungan Bay Resort Indonesia/Bitung, Sulawesi