“Cozy Lakeside Lodging”

Dawson Peaks Resort & RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Teslin
Dawson Peaks Resort & RV Park
Alaska
“Cozy Lakeside Lodging”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

First of all the lodge is rustic. We stopped after a long day's drive. We booked a cozy cabin with a beautiful lake view. Our black lab was welcomed, and he enjoyed a fun session fetching sticks from the lake. Our deck provided the perfect opportunity to enjoy glass of wine while listening to the loons. When I find myself driving the Alcan again I will certainly plan a layover at Dawson Peaks.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Squiditz

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Pretty decent place but some of the tent sites can run a little small. Nice little walk to the lake to do some kayaking. A lot of mosquitoes so bring bug repellant. Showers are located in the shop. There is also a restaurant located in the shop. Tent sites are somewhat close together. The outhouses were closed but there were toilets located in the shop.

Room Tip: Did not use the cabins. Used a tent site.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pixiecat1979
Burien, Washington
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Cabins were basic but clean. Wonderful view from the porch of the pond or small lake and there is nothing else other than the Alaska Highway passing by. Wi-Fi in restaurant. Food and service was not exception which is typical for the Yukon where people struggle to make their living during a short three month season.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Angeles
Beebe, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Very friendly check-in for our cabin by the lake. Cabin was clean & roomy. Loved the little porch where you could sit and admire the view. Saw a golden eagle & a bald eagle soaring above the quaking aspens! It was quite windy, but the wind kept the mosquitoes at bay.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank anntricia
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2010

This campground is just outside Teslin, Canada and located on the Alaska Hwy. at KM 1232. What began in1981 by Dave and his wife has been developed by them into a first class stop for travelers. The cabin my Wife and I stayed in was very nice, very clean, and everything worked as should. The view through the picture window in our cabin was truly beautiful. Might want to take fishing gear, the lake is a very short walk from the cabins. The restaurant serves excellent meals and the check will not break the bank. The owners are very nice and also very helpful. I highly recommend this campground.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HadTimeDidTravel
BRANDON SD
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Comfy and adequate for the price. No TV, No phone, And we could not get a wifi signal. Owner said it was down and had been for two days. We stayed in the motel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MZHUSKR
the Netherlands
Reviewed 3 February 2010

When I take a trip in Canada or Alaska, I sometimes need a place where I feel at home and welcome. My #1 is Dawson Peaks. Good food and a fress beer and a yoke from David or Carolyn. I don't inspect rugs, I take a shower, a beer and a good meal.
I have done more them 30.000 miles in BC, Yukon, NWT and Alaska and Dawson Peaks is by far my favorite.
I was there in 2008 and 2009 and love to go back. And one day I will.
the Netherlands (Europe)
Harry van den Bergh

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank boiiiiiozer

Been to Dawson Peaks Resort & RV Park? Share your experiences!