“The best restaurant in Porticello.”

Ristorante al Faro Verde da Benito
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Santa Flavia
Price range: US$42 - US$64
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Place of choice of local seafood.
“The best restaurant in Porticello.”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We was there twice and both will live in my memories till the end of life. The first time when we was there we ate freshest grill from different fish. I was very interested of manipulations which guy and in green T-shirt made with octopus. I made several pictures. After that sitting and enjoying lunch he came with a plate where I saw shredded octopus' tentacle. The first time when I tried it. After that guy came with another plate and asked me if I a man? What? Are you kidding? Yes of course. There was an octopus brain. Try it! Very delicious.
Next time was the same good. My friend had a birthday. Food was highly good! This pleasant guy made a present a a dessert. After our lunch he made a present as a small bottle of liquor. Oh! If about wine - it was incredible! Thanks for all of this my friend in green T-shirt. You made my travel to Sicilia. Hope you will read it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Pavel M

Palermo, Italy
“Good fish dishes”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Together with a group of friends, I spent a pleasant evening in Porticello, eating outdoor with a nice sea view. We found the fish- dishes of good quality. On the whole, the service was rather attentive.

• Visited August 2013
7 Thank Frances C
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Seafood and Pasta I have ever eaten!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We had several meals at Al Faro Verde da Benito and we were always completely satisfied. The seafood was prepared fresh from the sea everyday and the Chef did an incredible job with seasonings and presentation. The service was excellent and they prepared everything to our personal preferences. The bread is amazing and it is delivered fresh everyday. It has a very warm and inviting indoor dining room but an even more beautiful outdoor patio dinning with marvelous ocean and mountain views. I will definately go there again and again the next time I am in Porticello!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Judy J
Darwen, United Kingdom
“Top quality nosh but small portions and serious prices.”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Lets not beat about the bush - this place was rather expensive and the portions were a bit small, but I certainly cannot fault the food quality - it was all extremely fresh locally caught seafood, prepared carefully and imaginatively, and served on beautifully set tables with a flourish! No cheap and nasty crocks or supermarket KFS here!

If my memory serves me rightly it's an all sea food menu so if you don't like wiggly things in shells or with lots and lots of legs then walk on by!

Before we left we had a really interesting chat with the owner in the form of lots of gestures because his English was almost as poor as my Italian. - mi dispiace! We were given raw prawns to try and then prawns cured in a little vinegar with extra virgin olive oil and cracked black pepper - no charge! An interesting experience though I have to say i would never have tried raw prawns otherwise!

Recommended.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Martin F
Newport, United Kingdom
“A beacon of excellence”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

What an excellent meal we enjoyed here!
We started off a little disheartened as the starters we wanted weren't available (but such is the nature of a restaurant that relies on seafood caught the same day). Little matter, we asked for a recommendation and the waiter arranged for us to have a tasting plate of 4 delicious starters. For the main I enjoyed a mullet lasagne which was excellent, with Mrs H having a very generously proportioned prawn spaghetti. The obligatory bread was the freshest we'd had over the whole week. We enjoyed lemon gelatto for sweet and washed it all down with an excellent viognier.
Service was impeccable despite my poor Italian.
Give the other restaurants in Porticello the swerve (especially those that have people outside trying to entice you in - never a good sign) and tuck in to some marvellous food here at Al Faro Verde!
Grazie mille Benito!