“Average food, slow service”

Ristorante al Faro Verde da Benito
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Santa Flavia
Price range: US$42 - US$64
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Place of choice of local seafood.
Palermo, Italy
“Average food, slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We went to Al Faro Verde because we thought it was in a wonderful location and food was great. Unfortunately, we were wrong about the food: even if fish was good, dishes were nothing special (salty but quite tasteless). Portions were huge, so we couldn't eat everything. Although we didn't order anything unusual, and the restaurant was almost empty, service was slow.

• Visited December 2013

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Dishy fishies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

In my experience, the best restaurant in Porticello. Fresh food, great fish bought directly from the boats moored nearby and staff prepared to go the extra kilometre. When we drank them out of the local beer they simply popped off to the shops and bought us some more. And that was just lunch.Next night they handled a dinner for 20 of us with great style. And some great local wine which was cheaper than the beer!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank bryanedwin
“The best restaurant in Porticello.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We was there twice and both will live in my memories till the end of life. The first time when we was there we ate freshest grill from different fish. I was very interested of manipulations which guy and in green T-shirt made with octopus. I made several pictures. After that sitting and enjoying lunch he came with a plate where I saw shredded octopus' tentacle. The first time when I tried it. After that guy came with another plate and asked me if I a man? What? Are you kidding? Yes of course. There was an octopus brain. Try it! Very delicious.
Next time was the same good. My friend had a birthday. Food was highly good! This pleasant guy made a present a a dessert. After our lunch he made a present as a small bottle of liquor. Oh! If about wine - it was incredible! Thanks for all of this my friend in green T-shirt. You made my travel to Sicilia. Hope you will read it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Pavel M
Palermo, Italy
“Good fish dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Together with a group of friends, I spent a pleasant evening in Porticello, eating outdoor with a nice sea view. We found the fish- dishes of good quality. On the whole, the service was rather attentive.

• Visited August 2013
7 Thank Frances C
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Seafood and Pasta I have ever eaten!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We had several meals at Al Faro Verde da Benito and we were always completely satisfied. The seafood was prepared fresh from the sea everyday and the Chef did an incredible job with seasonings and presentation. The service was excellent and they prepared everything to our personal preferences. The bread is amazing and it is delivered fresh everyday. It has a very warm and inviting indoor dining room but an even more beautiful outdoor patio dinning with marvelous ocean and mountain views. I will definately go there again and again the next time I am in Porticello!!

• Visited October 2012