Hacienda Iguana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Brio(Playa Gigante)
View Hotel
Aqua Wellness Resort(Playa Redonda)
View Hotel
Mukul Beach Golf & Spa(Playa Manzanillo)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Buena Vista Surf Club(Playa Maderas)
  • Breakfast included
HulaKai Hotel(Playa Maderas)
View Hotel
Arte-Sano Hotel Cafe(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
All reviewsrio dulcepanga dropsnice beachhole golf coursecondo unita bit confusingrental agencygated communitylaid backfresh fishstar hotelocean viewlobsterhowler monkeyscoloradosrivasdevelopment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2013

The best ever over the Americas if you are thinking about spa, relax, surfing, enjoy beach and sun and golf. This is not an hotel and that is because you will be dissapointed if you are looking for finest service. There are not a deluxe restaurant, no a fitness center, but you will have internet. I think is the best in central america and caribean for relax. Come with your family. Come with your car o rent a car. Bing your basic meals in order to cook it or eat in the average restaurants. If you think in the best experience for relaxing come here. If you think in the best service go to a 5 star hotel (Granada or San Juan del Sur).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank GERARDO R
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This place, hard to access is not what you want to see of Nicaragua.
They own the whole beach and it's all big condos American style.
You barely see Nica life around. Great beach, sure, but I do not recommend it. Do not go unless you absolutely want to surf Colorado.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Joannnnie
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We rented a GOLF CONDO and had a very similar experience to another reviewer- “worst service ever - rude administration- scam specialists”

It is important to note that the Golf Condos are a seperatly owned (Augusto Montelegre) and operated from the rest of the Hacienda Iguana Resort. Hacienda Iguana has beautiful homes and condos that are ocean front and professionally managed. Rent these, not golf condos!

During our stay we also met other travelers who were experiencing the same problems (w/ the Golf Condos) as Ana C. wrote in her review- washer and dryer promised and not provided, internet promised and not provided. We were promised a battery backup, which was not provided.

Our experience was summed up at check out; we were charged for items they said we broke, or were missing. They also attempted to refuse to return our security deposit! After literally three hours of a check out process I did get the secuity deposit (minus the absurd charges for missing or broken items).

During our stay we learned that the Golf Condos are known to be scammers. We were told that some of the golf condo units are owned independently, but the management will not inform the owners when their unit is rented and pocket the money. Please keep in mind this is hearsay, but from my experience wouldn't surprise me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank Surf431
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here for the entire month of March at Villas Iguana and are already making plans to go back next year. We made numerous connections with other renters onsite and everyone there was having a great time! I agree with Roslyn S from Nicaraguas reveiw. The property manager/unit you have make a HUGE difference in the quality of your stay. We also had Seth and Lindsey as our property managers and could not have been happier! Any small issue we had was taken care of right away by Seth. One has to remember this area is a littlle bit remote and you must purchase supplies or food in Managua or Rivas before arriving. We "supplied up" in Managua at the La Colonia which we highly recommend and went into Rivas once in a month for more, as you can purchase lobster, fish, fruits and vegetables locally and the vendors will deliver to your unit! Seth supplied us with the appropriate phone numbers. Don't count on the local "restuarant" and "sports bar" for food - see other reviews. The electricity also goes off now and again, along with the internet, but this is Nicaragua and one just needs to go with the flow. As far as surfing goes, I never found the surf "crowded" as per one reviewer, but this was March. One day at Pangas there were 15 people surfing, and they were spread out. Jack, who lives there and also owns a condo, commented that was quite busy for Pangas. Colorados was about the same, maybe 20 surfing, but spread out even more, so I never had an issue with a crowded lineup at Iguanas. This beach area at Iguana is also a great place for a walk, as at low tide, you can easily walk the 1.5 miles of beach. In closing, I highly recommend this area, as it is just a great place to live that healthy Nica lifestyle!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I have been a renter in the Playa Iguana condos for the past 2 years. I love it here here. The condo unit I live in is clean simple and spacious. It has all the amenities I need to live comfortably - TV/DVD, good sized fridge, washer/dryer, AC, fans, cleaning service and swimming pool access to name just some. The walk to the beach is short - five minutes or fewer. And the beach is as good as it gets. I have had an excellent experience with the managers in particular Gema and Augusto Montealegre. When things break they make sure they are fixed in a timely manner. I have access to great surfing, golf and fishing. I highly recommend anyone planning a trip to Nicaragua to consider Hacienda Iguana and the Playa Iguana condos.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo