Buena Onda was an enjoyable place to access the beach. The owners and staff were wonderful, and the setting spectacular. The food was first rate. The owner was especially nice and gave me an escort to the local clinic when I was stung by a sting ray on the beautiful beach. We also exchanged reading lists and talked about the culture and history.
The challenge for my husband and I was that we had to rise and retire at the pace of our neighboring guests. The rooms are very close together and the patio creates a shared space that transfers noise to neighboring rooms. We were next to a group of fun loving surfers who liked to party a bit more than we do.
Overall, we enjoyed the area and the hospitality. It would have been nice to have more restaurants nearby, and a little more privacy in our room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our seaside hideaway is just a stones throw from one of Nicaragua's finest beaches, Playa Santana - where our nearest neighbors are grazing cows and howling monkeys. We have superb, consistently breaking, barreling surf right out front. Sunshine, tropical warmth, warm water and off-shore breezes 300+ days a year, comfortable (and affordable!) Accommodation, and most of all, BUENA ONDA (good vibrations) morning, noon and night. Your Swiss hosts, Philip and Sarah, will make sure that you spend your well-deserved holiday hassle free, in style and that you are well looked after during your stay. Come and explore - we'd love to share our little piece of paradise with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Buena Onda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Onda Beach Hotel Tola
- Buena Onda Beach Resort Nicaragua/Tola