My partner and I stayed in Buena Onda for 4 weeks while volunteering at a local health clinic. This was a fantastic place to stay! It's in a great location, very secluded, quiet and literally 30 seconds walk from the beach. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool is also one of the cleanest and best you'll find for miles around. The food in the restaurant is also fantastic, with excellent dinner specials every night and occasionally special specials. We were lucky enough to be there on BBQ night, all-you-can eat meat which was fantastic! The place really has a very nice and relaxed atmosphere.
We stayed in two rooms during our trip. Oceania is a private room with shared bathroom for $30 a night. America also has a private bathroom for $50 a night. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. But the rooms were a bit small and only had ceiling fans for cooling. Considering this is Nicaragua, for $30 a night, and especially $50 a night, I would expect to have A/C. Otherwise, I can't fault the rooms.
There are some hidden charges here though that aren't immediately apparent on the website. This was the only minus for me. For example, in the restaurant, everything has a mandatory 10% service charge. This is quite a lot when main meals already cost $7-10 and some specials reach $12. That said, the food is excellent and some of the best we had in Nicaragua. But, you can walk down the beach or walk into town and get dinner for closer to $6. Also, if you want coffee with your breakfast, it costs $1.50 extra. Again, a bit much as breakfast already costs $4-6 and you can get a huge breakfast with coffee for $4 on the beach. Also, it costs $10 to use the Internet for the period of your stay. It should be noted that we were there volunteering and not on holiday, so holiday-makers might well have a different idea of what constitutes excessive charges.
If you have the budget, I would definitely recommend staying in this paradise resort. We really enjoyed our stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our seaside hideaway is just a stones throw from one of Nicaragua's finest beaches, Playa Santana - where our nearest neighbors are grazing cows and howling monkeys. We have superb, consistently breaking, barreling surf right out front. Sunshine, tropical warmth, warm water and off-shore breezes 300+ days a year, comfortable (and affordable!) Accommodation, and most of all, BUENA ONDA (good vibrations) morning, noon and night. Your Swiss hosts, Philip and Sarah, will make sure that you spend your well-deserved holiday hassle free, in style and that you are well looked after during your stay. Come and explore - we'd love to share our little piece of paradise with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Buena Onda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Onda Beach Hotel Tola
- Buena Onda Beach Resort Nicaragua/Tola