We spent two very relaxing weeks at Buena Onda in September. Though we came here for the surfing, BO offered much more. I'll describe pros for non-surfers.
-The staff are friendly without ever being intrusive. Connie, Paul, Philip and Sarah, the ladies in the kitchen, everyone was wonderful. They offered us great suggestions on things to do and immediately addressed concerns.
-The food! Fresh and light. The salad with their secret sauce is amazing. Pancakes with fruit for breakfast, fresh seafood plates for lunch, varied dinners: they had a special barbecue one night for all the guests, family style, pizzas and other specialities every night. There are also places to eat nearby--Magnifico Rock is a short walk along the beach as are other places.
-The hammocks! Great to laze in and read to the sound of waves.
-The villa we stayed in was very nicely done up and comfortable. AC if you need it, nice bathrooms, lovely terrace upstairs.
-They will organize taxis for you to go visiting places if you are so inclined.
Good food, nice digs, good company and good waves--what's not to like :) I hope we'll get to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our seaside hideaway is just a stones throw from one of Nicaragua's finest beaches, Playa Santana - where our nearest neighbors are grazing cows and howling monkeys. We have superb, consistently breaking, barreling surf right out front. Sunshine, tropical warmth, warm water and off-shore breezes 300+ days a year, comfortable (and affordable!) Accommodation, and most of all, BUENA ONDA (good vibrations) morning, noon and night. Your Swiss hosts, Philip and Sarah, will make sure that you spend your well-deserved holiday hassle free, in style and that you are well looked after during your stay. Come and explore - we'd love to share our little piece of paradise with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Buena Onda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Onda Beach Hotel Tola
- Buena Onda Beach Resort Nicaragua/Tola