Buena Onda Beach Resort
Machele's Place(Tola)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$92
Hotel Punta Teonoste(Tola)(Great Value!)
US$198
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Brio(Playa Gigante)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$36
Agoda.com
Aqua Wellness Resort(Playa Redonda)
US$204
US$120
US$469
US$420
Mango Rosa Nicaragua(Playa Marsella)
US$123
Arte-Sano Hotel Cafe(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
Mukul Beach Golf & Spa(Playa Manzanillo)
HulaKai Hotel(Playa Maderas)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsplaya santanashort walkthe managershalf pipesurf packagesurf guidedinner specialsdeluxe roomcentral americaboat tripnice poola great place to staysuper funmy girlfriendwonderful hostslaid backgood vibes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I wanted to express my sincere gratitude for the phenomenal accommodations, hospitality, positive energy and all-around amazing atmosphere at Buena Onda. Buena Onda simply has a top-notch offering and team. I wanted to share my appreciation towards Buena Onda for the wonderful hospitality and for contributing to my tremendous first Nicaraguan experience. I'm already eager to plan my next trip down there, and hopefully, for a longer stay. Playa Santana is a majestic place and I can not wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I spent 10 days in July/August 2012 with my wife and son in this hotel and we had fantastic surf vacations ! We rented a very clean bungalow with A/C. We enjoyed very much the quiet place, uncrowded beaches, the nature and the surf spots at walking distance. We surfed au least 4 hours every day and had very good conditions. The staff is very friendly and helpfull and Philip helped us to organize 2 or 3 surfing trips and he also joined us. We also met new friends there from UK, US and Canada. We can really recommend this place and the location.

Room Tip: Take room qith A/C as it can get hot
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

The staff, location, atmosphere and food make this one of our regular stops on the pacific coast of nicaragua - need I say more?! The villas are amazing for a group with a nice kitchen and modern feel. The standard rooms are less private but a great value. Nice to have a car if you want to explore as there are few buses and taxis in the area.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I just ran across Buena Onda site while planning another trip and had to shoot a quick review, because this place deserves it. I was there for a surf trip last Christmas - New Years with my wife and 14 year old daughter. I have been traveling in Central America (Nica, CR and Panama) for over 20 years, and this place is a good as it gets. Sarah and Philip are super cool, considerate hosts. The grounds of the place are gorgeous, like you would expect if you were paying 3 times as much. We rented one of there villas (very nice), but I totally would have been just as happy staying in one of their basic rooms. The grounds and pool are so nice, it wouldn't matter. One of the coolest things about it is they have the plush villas all the way down to hostel style dorm bunks for a few dollars per night, which means you get a good mix of travelers to kick it with by the pool in between surf sessions....which makes it for me. If I was to complain about anything, I would say to the surfers that the surf out front isnt an epic spot (Playa Santana is pretty much a punchy close-out beach break) and Popoyo, which is an easy, beautiful walk down the beach, while being one of the most beautiful, cartoon perfect waves in the world...is freekin' packed with agro bodies in all but the most off-seaon times of the year. But I say who cares...the place is so killer its worth it. Go drop in on a Brazo and smile (I did). There are good waves to travel to (with the BO staff) like Lances Left, Rosada, Colorados, etc. Anyway, I got to give this place nothing but high marks. Great value, a paradise for seasoned travelers. - Andy C (Wendy and Ana)

Room Tip: ...its more about choosing a good hammock
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Andy C
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We spent two very relaxing weeks at Buena Onda in September. Though we came here for the surfing, BO offered much more. I'll describe pros for non-surfers.

-The staff are friendly without ever being intrusive. Connie, Paul, Philip and Sarah, the ladies in the kitchen, everyone was wonderful. They offered us great suggestions on things to do and immediately addressed concerns.
-The food! Fresh and light. The salad with their secret sauce is amazing. Pancakes with fruit for breakfast, fresh seafood plates for lunch, varied dinners: they had a special barbecue one night for all the guests, family style, pizzas and other specialities every night. There are also places to eat nearby--Magnifico Rock is a short walk along the beach as are other places.
-The hammocks! Great to laze in and read to the sound of waves.
-The villa we stayed in was very nicely done up and comfortable. AC if you need it, nice bathrooms, lovely terrace upstairs.
-They will organize taxis for you to go visiting places if you are so inclined.

Good food, nice digs, good company and good waves--what's not to like :) I hope we'll get to go back!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple