Lovely place, very friendly staff, good food. However all the beatty and good demeanor is blown off when you try to pay with a credit card and they add 5% to your bill. When brought it up to Connie, the onsite Manager, and Paul, the other Manager, they just said, you have an option to pay with cash and defended their poor practice. I told them that none of the other places in Managua, or the rest of the world do that, Connie kept insisting on we carry cash. I told her noone carries that much cash anymore, if your cash is stolen, you are at a loss, if your credit card is stolen, you call the credit card company and all is settled. She still did not agree with me. We had to go to Rancho Santana and beg to use their ATM machine, because its only for guests use. Its not the 5% extra, which we can afford, its just the principle. Which is a charge the owners have to abosrb, just like any other stablishment in the world. Only in Nicaragua, very cheap of the owners part. I would stil come back here, as I am planning my friend from Burma's Birthday, 20 people, but hopefully they change that policy. One last thing, the waitress, would not bring our food to the cabana by the pool, because she said it was too far away, and the restaurant was empty. She asked me to go get it, finally she brought, and said it was the owner's policy. They automatically add a 10% tip to your bill, but you still have to get your own food and drinks if by the pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our seaside hideaway is just a stones throw from one of Nicaragua's finest beaches, Playa Santana - where our nearest neighbors are grazing cows and howling monkeys. We have superb, consistently breaking, barreling surf right out front. Sunshine, tropical warmth, warm water and off-shore breezes 300+ days a year, comfortable (and affordable!) Accommodation, and most of all, BUENA ONDA (good vibrations) morning, noon and night. Your Swiss hosts, Philip and Sarah, will make sure that you spend your well-deserved holiday hassle free, in style and that you are well looked after during your stay. Come and explore - we'd love to share our little piece of paradise with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Buena Onda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Onda Beach Hotel Tola
- Buena Onda Beach Resort Nicaragua/Tola