We arrived late at night to Managua and stayed in a hotel close to the airport out first night. We scheduled a ride with Buena Onda to pick us up from our hotel in Managua at 8am the next morning. Alec was on time, funny, and so polite - great first experience right there! he took us to Pali! to grab groceries for the 8 days we would be at Buena Onda. He waited outside by the truck with our bags and surfboards!
My first thought when pulling up was "oh my gosh it really does exist!!" We planned or trip months in advance and just kept looking through the pictures.. day dreaming at work another words. Brenden and Jenny met us with a welcome beer and told us how everything works on the resort and told us the surf is real good if we wanted to just chat about it later and go ahead in the water. Awesome people!
It was 4 of us (2 couples) and we stayed in Casa Don Ernesto Villa! It's perfect. It had everything we needed from cookware, coffee, creamer, sugar, silverware, dishes, towels, linens... everything! No complaints from our group.
They were also willing to set up any activities and rides we needed. From horse back riding, to massages, to surf trips... anything you want - the crew at Buena Onda will do their absolute best to get you the best! I highly highly recommend this place!! it was completely safe, honest and couldn't of felt more like a home away from home in Nicaragua.
Thank you Jenny and Brenden!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our seaside hideaway is just a stones throw from one of Nicaragua's finest beaches, Playa Santana - where our nearest neighbors are grazing cows and howling monkeys. We have superb, consistently breaking, barreling surf right out front. Sunshine, tropical warmth, warm water and off-shore breezes 300+ days a year, comfortable (and affordable!) Accommodation, and most of all, BUENA ONDA (good vibrations) morning, noon and night. Your Swiss hosts, Philip and Sarah, will make sure that you spend your well-deserved holiday hassle free, in style and that you are well looked after during your stay. Come and explore - we'd love to share our little piece of paradise with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Buena Onda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Onda Beach Hotel Tola
- Buena Onda Beach Resort Nicaragua/Tola