“Could Have Stayed Longer”

and 1 more site!
Buena Onda Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Tola B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Just stayed a night in April to get away from San Juan del Sur. Great location, nice large room with a mini refrigerator. Restaurant was good for dinner and lunch. Wi fi would have been nice, but not the end of the world. Would go back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed there for 6 days for surfing. I travelled by myself but met so many nice people. The staff was great. Brendan and Jenny that are managing the place are so friendly and helpful!

The place is very clean and the rooms are nice and simple. They offer all different kind of rooms I stayed in the deluxe my last. Air con, fridge, own toilet and shower and coffe was offered the room. The other nights I stayed in a room with shared bathroom and shower.

I took a surfclass with a local surf teacher, Erol Lopez that was so nice and good! I highly recommend him if you want to take a class.

Thanks for a nice stay! I will come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ann-Sofie J
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Can't get much better then this place. Beautiful property, right in front of two excellent breaks. Playa Santana, a barrelling beachie and the right at Mag Rock which is one of the funnest waves I've ever surfed. When we were there they were in the process of changing management, Brendan and Jenni are absolutely awesome people, and really made our stay that much better. Brendan really helped me out when I injured myself on reef, stopping it from getting infected, whilst scoring some waves with me that I will remember for a lifetime. The combination of nice luxurious villa's and rooms, as well as dorm rooms gives the place a real mixture of people which is fantastic, and we met some truly great people in our stay. The food is great, the beagles are great, Buena Onda is great!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pitted4lyf
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We paid $85 for a "deluxe room". Bare walls, weak AC unit, nothing special at all. There are places nearby for less than half the price that are just fine. I would not recommend staying here, as I cannot fathom what we are paying so much money for. The internet is another $10 on top of the room. Weak sauce.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have been staying here off and on for the last 5 years. The hotel is located right on the beach and just a short walk to the closest surf break. Its in a great location, and has a very peaceful atmosphere. The food is always great, especially their famous bbq night. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the two rental homes even nicer. The owners and management strive to make you part of the buena onda family. All of the hotels staff have been there since the hotel opened 6 years ago, its nice to go back and see the same smiling faces, its like a second home. They have everything you need right on the property, a pool, a bar, a restaurant and even a skate ramp on the beach. There is really no need to go anywhere they have you covered.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jrgondola
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing four night stay in villa Don Pedro. The villa was gorgeous, spacious, cool and clean. Great cooking facilities, flat screen TV and huge balcony. The perfect place for a family or couple (as in our case). The restaurant was lovely and we had the 'specials' on two evenings which were delicious but we were also grateful that we had the taxi driver (arranged by Jenny and Brandon) stop at a supermarket so that we could eat in for some meals. The pool was a plus because it was incredibly hot but my highlight was the horse riding, again arranged by Jenny, with Fabio, a local cowboy who let us gallop his perfectly behaved horses around the beaches and salt flats. Located within 10 minutes walk of several class surfing spots, I didn't see too much of my boyfriend! It is managed by a lovely couple who seemed to know everyone's names and made us feel really welcome. Totally recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank GeorgieJR
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very good set up including a great pool, sun loungers, hammocks, restaurant, mini ramp etc...almost perfect.

Could have better breakfast options and coffee. Also, they were filming a promo video whilst we were there and trying to get everyone involved which is understandable but a little annoying if you're just trying to chill out rather than feeling obligated to participate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tola
La Jolla Hotel
Mukul Beach Golf & Spa
Mukul Beach Golf & Spa
#1 of 1 in Playa Manzanillo
Hotel Punta Teonoste

Been to Buena Onda Beach Resort? Share your experiences!