Traveled with my partner and we both had a fantastic time!!
Location wise it is excellent, especially for surfing. Playa Santana is just a short 2-3mins walk out front, Rosado is a 20-30 min walk across rocks(great views) and Popoyo is a 30-40 min walk. Bit of walking to be done but those of you that know Nicaragua know that having 3 waves in such close proximity and easily accessed is pretty rare.
The rooms are serviced every day and are very very clean. Loads of areas to chill out and relax, either in the pool (cleaned every day, unlike others in the area), on the multiple sun loungers or in the hammocks under the shade.
Food was good, reasonably priced and good selection. The only small thing that was slightly annoying is the price of water. At $2.30 for a 2 liter bottle it seems rather excessive, especially since you could get approx 10 liters in a shop for $4-$5. The daily specials were very good and you receive a massive serving.
The management are great and can organise taxis very easily for trips to nearby Rivas, Ometepe, Granada etc. Also very helpful in relation to surfing, where to go, what to expect etc.
Overall we had an excellent trip, and based on other places we stayed in Nicaragua, Buena Onda is one of the best in the country for the price on offer. Would recommend it to anyone, you won't be dissapointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our seaside hideaway is just a stones throw from one of Nicaragua's finest beaches, Playa Santana - where our nearest neighbors are grazing cows and howling monkeys. We have superb, consistently breaking, barreling surf right out front. Sunshine, tropical warmth, warm water and off-shore breezes 300+ days a year, comfortable (and affordable!) Accommodation, and most of all, BUENA ONDA (good vibrations) morning, noon and night. Your Swiss hosts, Philip and Sarah, will make sure that you spend your well-deserved holiday hassle free, in style and that you are well looked after during your stay. Come and explore - we'd love to share our little piece of paradise with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Buena Onda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Onda Beach Hotel Tola
- Buena Onda Beach Resort Nicaragua/Tola