Machele's Place
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Brio(Playa Gigante)
View Hotel
Aqua Wellness Resort(Playa Redonda)
View Hotel
Mukul Beach Golf & Spa(Playa Manzanillo)
  • Breakfast included
Buena Vista Surf Club(Playa Maderas)
  • Breakfast included
HulaKai Hotel(Playa Maderas)
View Hotel
Arte-Sano Hotel Cafe(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
All reviewsplaya gigantehome base for exploringnice spotclean roomsgreat poolplace to staylaid backpicantegringonicaraguacoastguardbeers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I´ve been going to Gigante for a couple of years now and can honestly say that staying at Machele´s made all the difference! The staff was great, food was really good and the accommodations were really nice. All in all i would definitely recommend checking it out!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've been traveling to Nicaragua for about seven years. Playa Gigante is an area I don't usually stay in, I needed something for one night that day, so I ventured down the long dirt road to Machele's Place, which a friend suggested trying. The hotel and finishings are nice and new. However, at the $80+/night price I was a bit disappointed with a few things. When I woke up at 6am it wasn't because of how bright it was outside, it was because the cleaning lady was making noise washing the window of the room. When I realized the time, I also realized the electricity was out, which meant no work emails or shower. I'm very aware it is common in Nicaragua, and I'm very aware of the types of places in the area, from $5 hostels to $500 Guacalito hotel rooms. So while I couldn't grab a shower or respond to work emails, which wasn't world ending, what bugged me the most was how quick the staff was to turn on the generator so they could charge my credit card. Not sure I would stay again..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ajc239
Allyson S, Owner at Machele's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

AJC--

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review-- this is always the best forum for us to learn how we are able to improve. These are issues we have had with the staff, so we really appreciate you brining it to our attention. We have taken the necessary actions to make sure the staff understands the repercussions of behaving in such ways, so that hopefully it will become a non-issue. Thank you again.

All the best,

Allyson

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

The best you're gonna get in town at Playa Gigante. We had our kids (3,6,9) and it was perfect with a couple hiccups. The pool, location and cleanliness is perfect. The service is typical Nicaraguan, adequate. We stayed 3 nights and paid $93 for a double which included breakfast. It's a very clean and nice hotel. Steps from the beach. Not really a family destination but cool to check out for a couple days. The only issues we had with the hotel was one night the owners had a pool party right outside our room so the kids didn't get much sleep. We were just surprised they didn't offer us anything for putting up with it. And one night the A/C and power were out until 1am, making for another restless night. Obviously that's not anyone's fault. It's gonna happen traveling in Nica. The bar area was nice to get drinks while the kids swam. It just drove us nuts that they had a huge flat screen constantly blaring dance music videos. I guess we're old! Like I said, not many families going to Gigante.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I didn't stay at this hotel but had a chance to hang out by the pool, have a few drinks and food and see the rooms - staying at a place at the top of the hill in Playa Gigante (note that this in Playa Gigante, not Tola) it was nice to be on the beach and have everything at your fingertips!

The food is lovely and the mojitos amazing! It is a newer hotel and I would definitely choose it for my next trip!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Machele's Place is located on beautiful Gigante beach amidst an active fishing community. It has a wonderful bar and a great restaurant (with fish caught the same day). The hotel is an enclave of peace and quiet with a beautiful pool for lounging and a cool dip. The staff is cheerful and attentive. I will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013