All reviewsplaya gigantehome base for exploringnice spotclean roomsplace to staynice poollaid backpicantegringonicaraguacoastbeers
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We decided to go to Michele's Place to be closer to Esmeralda Airport, because our flight left early in the morning.

I have to say the hotel was clean, but over priced. The rooms were small, and the beds and pillows were uncomfortable.

I was not impressed with Playa Gigante. The town is quiet dirty and everyone seems to just want to make a "buck" off the "rich" gringo.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I guess if you wind up in Playa Gigante, this is one of the two places with air conditioning and hot water showers. It is not right on the beach , but it is across the street, with no beach views. The staff just doesn't seem happy, it's almost as if they just exist..No smiles, little interaction. There was a breakfast included in the room rate..today it was just pancakes and a small bit of fruit. My friend does not drink coffee so she asked for juice, but was told there was none. We asked about the big container of cranberry juice that we could see in the refrigerator but were told that was for mixed alcoholic beverages only, so she got absolutely nothing to drink this morning and had to go back to.our room to get her bottled water. There are no coffee makers in the room and as of 7 am there was no coffee out at the restaurant. I'm.an early riser and usually the first thing I want to do is have a cup of coffee after I wake up. I took a walk down the beach and a lady at a local hostel gladly gave me a cup of coffee as I sat on their front porch area. The bed ad a huge hole or indentation on the left side, so that was a bit uncomfortable. There were a lot of screaming kids in the pool too, which is not what I was hoping for. I feel the rooms were quite expensive considering for $20 more we stayed at a luxury resort down the road a bit in Playa Maderas. In the US, this room would be ranked among the low end budget motels, hooker motels. And would probably be valued at about $50 Kessler night, instead we were charged $82 and for low season in Nicaragua this is ridiculous. I would never stay here again, instead I may take a gamble and stay at the cute hostel just to.The south and right on the beach.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Macheles P, Manager at Machele's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

First, allow me to thank you for your patronage of Machele's and your feedback. We are always trying to better ourselves at our hotel. We here at Machele's are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We strive to be the most luxurious experience in Playa Gigante but it seems you did not find this so.
I apologize for the lack of smiles. We're a very happy team and sorry you didn't feel that you received positive attention. We will discuss the feelings you expressed with the team to better ourselves. As for the juice, we were out of orange juice and you should have been offered the cranberry juice as an alternative. I sincerely apologize for the oversight.
For Gigante, a growing village, Machele's is the most current, updated and luxurious resort on the beach. Because of this we attract all kinds of guests including excited children. We are family friendly. I'm sorry you were disturbed by the children. We aim to please everyone and unfortunately, you were booked at a time when children were also staying with us.
As we improve through the feedback we receive from all of our valued guests, we can only ask that you would consider offering us an opportunity to serve you better in a future stay with us.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I went for dinner one night and we were so impressed! This hotel looked very new and modern and even though we did not stay over, it looked like a nice place to sleep.

The food was great! I ordered the fettuccini alfredo and my fiancé ordered a burger and both really liked our food.

The meals were about $10-$12 each which was a little pricey for Nicaragua but it was worth it.

I would definitely recommend!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aliciafelix13
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Located across from the stunning beach at Playa Gigante this hotel/restaurant is a great place for a quiet lunch. The service is fantastic, the food is delicious and the hotel seems to have everything you need. We didn't stay here as we were only in the village for lunch but it has a lovely pool area with comfortable seating, outdoor games to play, a palapa style bar and restaurant.
I ate the vegetarian wrap which was amazing, hubby had the guapote and our friend had coconut shrimp.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Stacey P
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Great staff, nice rooms, good food and service. Great pool and drinks. Across the street from the beach. First class place on gigante with the staff going out of their way to accomodate. Very laid back and easy going.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family