All reviews love nature hidden treasure horse riding eco lodge turtles bugs bungalow release nicaragua roads surfing units ocean waves
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Worth the trip! If you are going on your own is better to take a truck , the road is good but is all dirt and you might have to cross small ponds.
Service is very good, all the staff was very helpful. The bungalows are beautiful, surrounded by nature , (make sure you bring repellent.)
The plus for me was that they accepted dogs!!!!!! Loved it , super relaxing , beautiful place

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 6 January 2017

Dear Maryeli
Thank you very much for your nice review. It was a pleasure to have you with us, and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.
All the best and warm regards.
Communications, Hotel Punta Teonoste

Reviewed 29 November 2016

I went to this place with my boyfriend on a groupon. It was beautiful though we got a lot of bug bites and my boyfriend hated that there was no A/C. The service was hit or miss. There was one guy who served us at night. He always got it right. The food was ok. The house was beautiful and the beach was incredibly relaxing. It was EXPENSIVE though so if you're on a budget, go elsewhere. All in all, I wouldn't go again or recommend it but we had a good time.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jlwerd
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

What A Nice surprise. The bungalow is Nice with lovely open air shower. The beach is The most beatifull that We saw in nica. Nice horse ride on The beach. Great memories. Great Mojitos. The surfing was ok. Great food.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2016

I rarely write reviews, but this one was worth it. Not to set your expectations too high, lets be clear the place is AS ADVERTISED. So when they say there is no A/C, there really is no A/C. There really is no TV. So expect that. It's hot and there are bugs and you will have some bites if you don't bring your sun screen.

Now that all of the is out of the way, I was just there with my 6 and 10 year old. Its beautiful. The beach is amazing, and yes the waves are very big. I wouldnt plan on surfing directly out front, but you can def body board. and enjoy the waves... as me and my daughter did every morning.

The staff is TOP NOTCH. The head bartender helped set up transportation back to Managua (including seeing the lava at Masaya) even though i planned it poorly, a trip to the hot springs, and a fishing trip where the fish we caught in the morning was cooked for lunch! You can imagine how much my kids loved that!

The food at their restaurant is great. A nice big menu so you won't get tired of the options. The breakfasts were always killer. Plenty of booze too.

Its remote, and really perfect. If you did forget something though rest assured the staff will do their best to get you what you need.

Thanks again to the Punta Teonoste for the great memories!

-Kirk

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Walter B, Gerente at Hotel Punta Teonoste, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

We appreciate your comment describing the real conditions and services of our resort.
As you have described in your review, we offer an ecological profile at the hotel. However, we understand that some times it can be hot for some guests, therefore we do offer portable an A/C at a small extra charge.
We are happy to welcome guests, who understand the luxury of simplicity, and are able to enjoy nature as it is, and who value the unique experience of been in an untouched, isolated, pristine beach in a protected environment. We are glad to learn that your kids had a lot of fun enjoying the great waves doing boogie board.
It is actually our goal that all our guests would feel the way you did. Thank you once more, for sharing your experience at Punta Teonoste.

We are looking forward to seeing you back at our resort soon!!!

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

My visit to this resort was top notch! I loved the little huts we stayed in...the outside showers/bathrooms were great! Water wasn't too cold although it wasn't ever "steaming hot". The staff was very sweet and accommodating. I enjoyed the food and smoothies. The skies on the beach were perfect for star gazing at night (which we did!)...the staff brought out chairs and pillows for us (even though we didn't even ask them!). The pool was warm...perfect for swimming with the beach-y breeze. The wifi was solid. I truly loved this place!

Some of my fave staff members were Yuri y Gary! Thanks so much for being so awesome during our trip!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melanie G

We really appreciate your comment and thank you for staying at Hotel Punta Teonoste !!!
We feel very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.!!
The outside showers/bathrooms are great, original and very private, with amazing garden, where we have tropical flowers.
Our staff is always try to be helpful with the guests. They are truly passionate at what they do, The barman serves delicious smoothies with local and fresh products.