The hotel is in a superb location on the banks of the Seine. Room looked out over the river, locals were fishing and huge barges chugged slowly past. One of the "River Cruise" boats was tied up one morning (they are huge). Room was a little tired small things let the hotel down. Wi Fi was not working, radiator was loose on the floor and had made a hole in the all behind. Room key was very difficult to make work, Staff under pressure due to lack of man/woman power. Garden could benefit from some TLC. No obvious bar area. Food was good breakfast excellent. Room at the end of the hot water run so took a few minutes for the shower to warm up. Overall worth a try but the little things needed attention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Chaîne d’Or gets her name from the history of the 18 th century, when the house was considered as a toll house. A large chain was crossing the Seine river between the rives and the island. Each boat that wanted to cross the river from La Havre to Paris had to pay a toll. The king was getting so much money from this toll, that people were telling that it was a “golden chain”. La Chaine d’Or has been successively an auberge, an hotel, and a coffee shop, just in front of the church, where men were meeting while their wifes were in the church.After world war 2nd, the Boirel family proposed a traditionnal cuisine, which was very appreciated from the local guests. Monsieur Boutineau went on with this tradition. Several years later, Monsieur et Madame Foucault, as new owners, decided to propose a gastronomic restaurant and with the help of the Chef, Monsieur Chevalliez, they obtained a Star from the famous Michelin Guide.When the chef left to buy his own restaurant, Madame Foucault sold la Chaîne d’Or which had a difficult time for a while.Today, Stephanie and Olivier Bicot, their team and the Chef Philippe Lallier are very proud to welcome you and to share their passion for the French gastronomy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel-Restaurant La Chaine d'Or reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel-Restaurant La Chaine d`Or Hotel Les Andelys
- Hotel-Restaurant La Chaine D'Or Les Andelys, France - Haute-Normandie