All reviews sea view swiss bell nice view live music won t deluxe room hotel is located coffee shop the general manager the location is perfect four star hotel pool and gym business trip by foot internet connection bay lounge
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

This the right hotel if you want to see the beautiful view of Jayapura. Unfortunately you have to stay in deluxe room if you want to get seaside view, and there are only one floor of non smoking room. So if you didnt put a request that you want to stay in non smoking room, it’s a big chance that they will give you smoking room ( personal experience ).
The breakfast was okay, not many varieties though I won’t complain. Well, the bathroom appliances was a bit outdated, but still working alright.
Overall, I might stay here again, I enjoyed the swimming pool and the view so much.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
General_Manager_SBJ, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Papua, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Ibu Trishanty R.

On behalf of the management of Swiss-Belhotel Papua, Jayapura, I would like to thank you for choosing Swiss-Belhotel Papua, Jayapura for your accomodation during your stay in Jayapura.
And I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed both of our service and ambience in here.
Regarding our non smoking rooms, indeed they are limited. However with the plan of enlarging the hotel, hopefully we can have more of the non smoking rooms in the near future and we will also renovate the existing building once our extension building is done. So there will be no more outdated items for our guest.

We will looking forward to have you back at Swiss-Belhotel Papua, Jayapura.
Thank you.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

After traveling on an overnight flight without sleep from Jakarta, I arrived at the hotel around 7AM, very tired and really needed to rest. The unfriendly frontdesk staff told me I had to wait until 2pm to check in & didn't offer anything else or even any helpful information on where to wait or whether there'd be any room available before 2. She didn't even offer to have my bag at least put away. I asked another guy where I could order some coffee & he pointed to the lounge but told me it's not opened yet. Finally I went to the restaurant downstairs to get breakfast, which I couldn't charge to my room because I had not been informed which room I'd be staying in. At least, the breakfast was great & plenty.

Around 10AM I went back to the front desk and asked them if I could cancel the reservation because I really needed a place where I could get some rest. I was going to have a meeting at 3PM and there's no way I could function then without getting some sleep first. The front desk staff offered me a smoking room because my original non-smoking room was still occupied. I asked if I could then be moved to the non-smoking room the next day. He said he couldn't promise. So I took the smoking room that smelled quite bad and the next day I checked out & moved to another hotel.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
General_Manager_SBJ, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Papua, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Dear Dtilaar

First of all please aplologize for late reasponse .
on behalfe of Management we do apologize for such a bad experiences you have during your check in at Swiss Bel Hotel Jayapura
I have share your feed back to the Front office staff and also FB staff and strong reminder to them that what they have done is really not right especially with guest who has just having a long flight plus long distance from the airport
Again , we are very sorry for this and I do guarantee you will never have such expereince next time when yo check in in to Hotel Swiss Bel Hotel Jayapura
We are from Swiss Bell Jayapura wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Sincereley yours

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We had organized a workshop at Swiss-Belhotel this week. The meeting venue was great. The food and the staff were good. This is one of the old and famous hotel in Papua. The internet connection was pretty fast. Definitely will try the room next time.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
General_Manager_SBJ, Director of Sales at Swiss-Belhotel Papua, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Sir/Madame

On behalfe of the Managment we would like to thank you so much for consider Swiss Bel Hotel to accomodate your event
We are so glad that all the participant happy with our service .
We always train or staf to deliver a good service makes the customer comig back again
How ever we are always open for any feed back in order to improve our self from time to time
Thank you again and will see you on yor next event here at the Swiss Bel Hotel Jayapura
Sincerely yours

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Located by the bay, this 4 Star hotel probably is the best option there is in Jayapura.
The room, the food, the staff, the view are ok.
Location wise, might want to consider to stay here rather than other 4 star hotels. Close to the biggest shopping mall in Jayapura, restaurants and cafe.
One of the best thing that I like about the hotel is the nice fish restaurant right next to the hotel.
Serves nice seafood with a nice view of the city and the sea.

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank JJ_St01
General_Manager_SBJ, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Papua, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear ))_St01

On behalf of the Managment we would like to thank you so much for choosing Swiss Bel Jayapura to stay during your visit to Jayapura ..
We are really happy that you have enjoy stay , enjoy the ambieance and near by facilities
Yes , We have very good locations , we are the only property on the ocean .
We have a good training program for staff and we always encourge the stafto always taking care of the guest so they will return and stay with us again
Thank you and hope to see you soon here in Swiss Bel hotel Jayapura

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 28 September 2017

that was and is the best hotel from Jayapura. The staff is Excellent. Very helpfull and friendly. The manager is great and the marketing is perfect. The food is very god and the swimmingpool fantastic. I stay 2 week this time and for me is sure I will come again. Thank you very much for the time

Room tip: take a room to the seeside
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Swiss-Belhotel International

Dear 622markus

Dear Pak Markus

It was really nice to have you staying with us all the time , we thank you for always rememeber us and coming back staying with us .
You and your son to us like part of Swiss Bel Family which we always looking after you
hope to see you again soon Pak