“Our return visit found the food is still as good!”
Review of Prince of Bengal

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Our return visit found the food is still as good!”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I reviewed this restaurant last year while we were on holiday and we once again had the opportunity to call in for a meal. There were a few more diners in the restaurant this year and there were two noticeable improvements since last year. The dining chairs were much improved on last year's tired ones and the Kingfisher lager was presented with a good head. I cannot comment any further on the food, because it was just as good this year as it was last year. So well done for the improvement in the furniture, well done for the presentation of the lager and very well done for maintaining the standard of the food you offer. We look forward to more of the same next year!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Signalfixer123

Burnham-on-Crouch, United Kingdom
“Sweet and Sour”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

On holiday in Suffolk and missing our usual curry house we thought we'd try this local one in Saxmundam.

Sweet - The decor was pleasant, tables not too close together, chairs very comfortable alebit slightly rickity. My wife has mobility problems and this was quickly spotted by the waiter who rushed to hold the door open for us and give us a choice of tables.
We were quickly offered popadoms and the usual accompaniments and our drinks were quick to arrive.

When it came to leave, again the waiter was on the game and pulled the table right out to enable my wife to easily stand up.

Sour - well my Dhansak was if I am honest. It is always described as a hot and sour meal and usually in Indian restaurants the most common complaint is it being too sweet - not this one, this was too sour and slightly hotter than it should be. My wife's Madras was also on the sour side but arrived with more than enough sauce.

The vegetable rice was great and so was the bombay potato.

The Keema Nan was a little greasy and I prefer it arriving already quartered, as it was I had to try and cut it and my knife just pulled it into pieces rather than cut it.

This review really ought to be 3 1/2 as the overal experience was better than 'average' but not 'very good'. If we holidayed in this region again, we'd probably not go there again but as our main complaint was about our two main dishes, readers who don't usually have Madras or Dhansak shouldn't be put off giving it a try.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Adrian S
Bearsted
“A very nice meal at a fair price.”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This was our first visit. The main menu has a wide choice of dishes and our food was cooked and presented very well. The staff were attentive and friendly too. The prices are very reasonable and there are a number of offers available on different nights. We went on a Sunday evening when, if you wish, you can eat from a separate fixed price menu for just £9.50 per person. Good food, good value.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bearsted2
Derbyshire
“Superb”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Nice indian restaurant on the main street in Saxmundham. Friendly staff and an excellent menu at reasonable prices. All served hot and with Kingfisheer on draught.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Justaukcook
London, United Kingdom
“Good food but appaling manners from staff!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

The food served at this restaurant was above average with the starters of Lamb tikka and prawn puree especially good. The visit was spoilt by the appaling manners of one of the older members of staff who thought it was good practice to lean across in front of me as I was eating to collect an empty plate, giving me a noseful of his stinky armpit in the process. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour.

3 Thank what_horizon