“Decent for the price”

Ranked #2 of 2 Sunbury B&B and Inns
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Decent for the price”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here on more than one occasion doe to convenient location. Most recent was 24 August 2014. They have refreshed the place and rooms are fresher. Beds are now kingsize, but mattresses too firm for my comfort. Clean and comfortable, value for money.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the motorway. Car park side & upper floors are best.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The ladies on reception were very helpful. The room was clean and tidy. Bathroom is small but adequate. Bed was really comfy and a good nights sleep had by all. No external noise. Breakfast was a buffet style and you could help yourself to a good selection of breakfast items. Parking is £4 you pre pay, pay via phone or the pay and display machine. The whole place had a fresh feel and it has been refurbished.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Arrived 21/08/14 at 11.45am, asked if we could check in early for our 3 day stay. The reply was if you pay early £10 fee, I refused and went out for the afternoon. I returned at 13.55pm as my son was feeling tired and asked if we could check in but again the £10 early fee was asked for, as my son was tired I paid up. Then the room was a double room for an adult and a 15 yr old boy and the look of disgust I got when I asked for the room I booked on the website, remember I paid £316.00 for 3 nights + breakfast. Room very noisy as by motorway but no other rooms to give us. Eventually I got a twin room. Breakfast was a palava , I asked for fried eggs and was told sorry scrambled only, I had to go into the kitchen and ask for bacon myself as there was none. Apple juice the only thing missing was the apples. There was no staff about so when I saw the receptionist I cancelled the remaining breakfast, the service is appalling and I say is and that is because I am still staying here at the moment. Remember I am paying £104 a night for rubbish.
Premier Inn you are the best and if you had not been full at the time of booking I would be with you now. Travelodge curl up and close, you are not worth a £10 a night.

Room Tip: Book with Premier Inn
1 Thank 292Paul

Travellers are raving about these Sunbury hotels

Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

well done travell lodge the hotel was clean
good breakfast
cheap parking
did the job and more
will go again and also try other lodges is f they are as good as this one
1 night 3 of us london area 65 quid with breakfast can not complain

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

You get from this hotel pretty much what you pay and that was fine with us!!!

We were a tad skeptical of this hotel from the previous reviews but for what we paid we were more than happy. For £46 for a family of 4 overnight the room was clean and spacious, had a kettle in it and the beds were on the firm side of comfortable.

We paid for breakfast and for what was available we felt it wasfine just a bit over priced.

Cooked = Bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, tomato and beans (All you can eat!!!)
There was bread, croissants and cereal for those not wanting cooked. All standard travel/budget hotel products...just £6.95 (online discount...normally £7.95) is a bit dear!!

Room WAS hot and it did mean we slept on top of the covers but was not detrimental to our nights sleep. We were fortunate enough to have a rear room so didn't hear the motorway at all.

All in all its a BUDGET hotel so your not going to get the trimmings you may get in other hotels but the price is reflected in that.

Room Tip: Ask to be at the back of the hotel to ensure motorway noise is reduced.
1 Thank s1m0nWh3l4
Liskeard, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here before our flight from LHR and wished we had booked somewhere else, it was horrid and hot with no aircon, why would a chain hotel build a hotel and not put in aircon.

Stay away !!

We had to seek refuge in the hotel bar maybe thats their plan ?

Room Tip: dont book here
2 Thank MrCV1971
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The place has been refurbished since the last time I was here and the bed was more comfy. The staff are still friendly and polite. Regrettably, those are about the only positive comments I can make. The proximity of the motorway meant that the room was noisy all night and, in spite of the improved bed, sleep was difficult. The breakfast is simply not worth the effort! Finally, I resent having to pay extra for parking at a Travelodge. I doubt if we will be back.

Room Tip: Iff possible, avoid the motorway side of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lancestrian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunbury
Travelodge London Teddington
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#1 of 3 in Shepperton
Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
Travelodge Chertsey Hotel

Been to Travelodge Sunbury M3 Hotel? Share your experiences!