“Unforgettable experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of FitFarms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sunbury
FitFarms
Gibraltar
“Unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

The FitFarm course in Dorset is with out a doubt the best experience of my life. Trainers, workshops, accommodation is all amazing. Very very worth a visit. Would have liked the weather to be slightly warmer but hey ho this was slightly out of there control. Hats of to you xx

Thanks
Rachel

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jazmin123456

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

The setting and scenery are beautiful, the accommodation smart and comfortable. The trainers extremely friendly and enthusiastic and the exercise felt natural.
I loved the bike ride, the food was nice, and I was successful in starting my healthier lifestyle as I have been active since my return 10 days ago.
Only downside is the lack of phone service, but for a weight loss holiday it was good to be able to forget all outside worries.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tammy H
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was my first visit to FitFarms and I chose the Dorset FitFarms which is stunning. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. I had a twin room sharing with a lovely lady I had never met before.The room had floor to ceiling windows looking over a lake and I actually felt that I was more in a 5 star hotel than a weight loss camp.

The health team are just astonishing as they gently motivate you through the week. Everyhing they do is with a smile and nothing is to much. Zuzana who was my mentor was inspirational in guiding and coaching me.

All in all I cannot fault my experince and would recommend it to friends and family. I will also be back for a weekend stay just as a top up and to experience the course again.

Sandra xx

Room Tip: All the mentors are exceptional but Zuzana really stands out and its worth asking for Zuzana as your...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sandra K
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Little slow on the admin to book in the first place, but once sorted, was well worth it! I was a little nervous over what to expect but very friendly and amazing experience with something for everyone! Great opportunity to try types of fitness I'd never have got round to and nutrition advice and food served to support this was life changing! Everyone really knew their stuff and were really helpful and happy to chat and help personal issues and situations. I would thoroughly recommend and definitely go back again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen P
Fleet, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I recently spent a week in Derbyshire at the Fit Farms Weight Loss and Fitness Retreat and had the greatest experience. Not only was the location lovely - not far from Matlock and a really beautiful part of Derbyshire, but the accommodation was great and much suited to this type of week. We had shared cottages and a communal dining area. There is an exercise hall on site and of course beautiful countryside to walk (and jog!) around wihtout the need to hop on a bus. Locally there is a swimming pool, bike hire and sports hall. Cannot recommend the location or the wonderful team enough. I achieved what I set out to do - be re-educated on diet, eyes opened to new exercise techniques and of course work hard and feel it, to get most out of the week. I felt exhausted by elated by the end. Made new friends and shifted some pounds and inches. Just brilliant!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kate F
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I decided to go to Fitfarms Derbyshire after looking at many on the internet, but decided Fitfarms would suit us being a more mature couple (67 & 64) We arrived on the Friday for a weeks session. It is extremely tough and exhausting but the feeling you get as you finish every workout is euphoric, you are pushed to the limit but find you can do it! The instructors are amazing and will guide you every step of the way, encouraging you and explaining the right positions for every excercise. The accomodation had all the facilities you need. The food comes in very small portions but very tasty and all worked out nutritionally. Everyone seems to bond and we all seemed to work as a team despite all the aches and pains. I would recommend Fitfarms to anyone who wants to change their lifestyle and you will emerge from this experience armed with excellent knowledge from the nutrition classes and a new outlook on fitness. Our only criticism was that the bedroom doors could not be locked and only one front door key shared by all in the house was not enough. Don't be put off if you are oldies you can do it!,

Room Tip: Ask for a bath instead of shower you will need it
Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ann S
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I booked the FitFarm's week at the end of January in Dorset having liked the ethos on the website and badly in need of a body wake up call to address my lack of energy and excess weight gained after giving up smoking and general winter coach potato-ing.

The first three days were pretty hellish and exhausting as the body was put through so many changes but having paid - I was determined to give every class and activity my best shot. I surprised myself by finding I could walk long distances and manage steep hills, even with two replaced hips and other problems which gave me a big boost emotionally.

The instructors are delightful but tough - they are motivational and inspirational and make you want to challenge yourself. They are kind and funny - which makes it a pleasure working with them.

The nutritional workshop was superbly informative and that, along with the experience of how good I felt eating far less than normal (all good quality stuff) has turned my home eating habits around. I lost 9lbs in the week and a few inches all round and was thrilled. I knew in the adjustment period once home I was likely to gain a few lbs, which I did, but now, nearly three weeks on and by following a sensible eating pattern, I have lost those lbs, plus 2 more! I really WANT to exercise now as I realise how good it makes me feel and how it can help change body shape as well as lose weight.

The accommodation was spartan but appropriate - the big issue was that the floors of the house I was in creaked dreadfully and the walls were paper thin but I was so tired at the end of each day (8.30pm was a late night as we were up for a 6.45am workout!) I just crashed.

It would be nice to have more of the recipes for the delicious food we ate (no sugar, salt, dairy, caffeine or alcohol!) on the follow up website - and I think a little booklet of these at a reasonable cost would be very popular.

Lovely group of women and some very interesting life stories and I shall certainly be keeping in touch with a few. Overall a fantastic experience and I shall definitely do another one!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Penny G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunbury
Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#1 of 3 in Shepperton
BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge

Been to FitFarms? Share your experiences!