“FitFarm Dorset”
Review of FitFarms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sunbury
FitFarms
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I experienced FitFarm in Dorset 7th - 11th July 2014. First, we were blessed with wonderful weather, which made the stay even more enjoyable.
I was only 1 of 2 men amongst around 20ish women, but did not feel out of place at all and met some really friendly, nice people on the course, we all shared the same goals, to lose some weight and increase fitness and the surroundings, location, staff and feloow course members made the whole experience really motivating.
The course itself I found was excellent, encouraging you to push yourself when you feel like taking it easy or stopping, but realising you can keep going. Thanks to Ian, Andy, Suz, who all put 100% of their commitment into making sure we realised our potential and encouraged us to keep going!
Loved the food as well, as prepared and tasty, the portions were a lot smaller than I would serve myself, which made me realise that I overeat by at least 2x, as learning to eat slowly and enjoy it, I didnt feel hungry once, and most surprising ,I really didnt crave sugerary snacks like I thought I would!
I've kept this up since I've been back and the bad eating habits are greatly reduced, I still have the odd treat, but its occassional now, instead of every day. I also have kicked started my excersie routine and have not put any weight back on. After losing 7Ilbs and 2.5 inches off my waist in 4 days, thats a great achievement for me!
A great thanks to the FitFarm team, I absolutely reccommend doing this to anyone, and will definately do another one to boost my fitness and weight loss, which I now understand is a lifestyle rather than a quick fix. LOVE FIT FARM!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I'm reasonably fit and came to FitFarms to increase by fitness level and learn about new exercises and nutrition. The team, service, accommodation, course schedule is all astonishing. I have been to a few similar companies in the past but nothing really compares it was amazing. I wouldn't do 10 days again just because I don't need to but I'll be back on one of your shorter courses.

Thanks so much

Jenny xx

Room Tip: Ask for Andy as a mentor he was extremely knowledgeable
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went to fit farms in Dorset, was a bit apprehensive as I had 2 knee replacements last year I was worried about keeping up with other people. I didn't need to worry about it they just make you feel at ease any think I couldn't do they had an alternative way to do it.
It was very hard work but very rewarding Ian, Andy, and Zu are very good trainers we had nutritionist, a life coach and we also had a massage which was very welcome. I would definitely go back again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had an amazing 7 day stay with Fitfarms. Anyone who questions themselves can I do it, yes you can! With the best help from Zu, Ian and Andy and of course your fellow guests. I returned home transformed in mind and a lot fitter. I would recommend Fitfarms to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am a regular returner to Fit Farms, not because it doesn't work, but because I really enjoy it. Andy, Zu and Ian will completely transform your opinion of exercise and healthy eating and give you the confidence to try new things and find something you really enjoy. At the end of the stay, I always feel completely rejuvenated, fresh, fit, relaxed and completely detoxed. In my view it's quite addictive! There is no army mentality, no climbing under nets through mud, just a cool variety of exercises that you can fit into your every day life. Lynnie and Jackie serve really tasty meals and snacks throughout the week with the correct balance so that you don't feel hungry, but have enough energy to exercise. The team together are the perfect combination for a fantastic week. I'm going back in August with my other half as he loves it too! We can't wait!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kimbers40
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I am 5’5”, a size 8/10 and experienced 3 days of FitFarms for the first time in June last year having crept up to a size 12/14. I went believing I knew most of this stuff already - and I couldn't have been more wrong. 3 days later I owned up to my ignorance and returned home 2kg lighter and with glowing skin! I returned this June not because it doesn’t work, on the contrary, I owe my great complexion and good fitness to the education I received the year before, but after enforced inactivity following a ski injury I decided I needed another dose of the Ian-Zu-Andy team!

FitFarms is set up in such a clever way that regardless of fitness level, you will be challenged! You get a taster of a wide variety of different types of food and exercise – and there is still plenty to take home even the second time around! Built on a foundation of good, solid science the regime is designed to maximise your metabolic rate and power weight loss. The snacks stabilise blood sugar and insulin and maintain energy levels throughout the day so no, they are not optional. Not eating regularly and the right sort of snack is why we are there in the first place! We all eat the same food and portion sizes, with slight variations for vegetarians or those with food allergies. The food is tasty, varied and never boring. This time around I discovered the magnificence of oatcakes and having previously tasted and hated Quinoa, now can’t seem to eat enough of the stuff!

This city girl went prepared for rain and arctic temperatures only to find Derby much hotter than the London she’d left behind! The Derbyshire site is in truly beautiful surroundings, the apartments and rooms clean, spacious and very comfortable. The team really make every effort to make sure you are comfortable and have what you need. Did I mention the massage ..? That can be life changing in itself ..

On Friday arrival evening we share our stories and what stands out is that, despite all the different shapes and sizes, ages, nationalities and walks of life, we are all essentially the same kind of woman. I was amazed at the amount of people who travelled here from far beyond our UK shores! There is a kind of magic to FitFarms where you find yourself bonding with women you never thought you had the slightest thing in common with. We all arrive a little, or a lot, scared and feeling not good enough in one way or another and we all leave in awe of ourselves and each other. Likely what keeps so many coming back ..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lily-the-skibunny
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay, the workouts were hard at first but in the end it's worth it. The staff is really great and encouraging and made my stay really pleasant. Overall it was a great experience and you get exactly what you pay for plus more.

• Stayed: June 2014