“Good pub grub but you have to wait”
Review of The Phoenix

The Phoenix
Ranked #14 of 22 Restaurants in Sunbury
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Phoenix has recently been purchased by Authentic Pub Co who are in the process of drawing up plans for a major refurbishment of the pub and garden. In the meantime we have given the place a thorough clean and 'blitzed' the beer and lager lines. We now serve a range of well kept beer and lager. We have put a small but carefully selected wine menu in which offers a range of wines by both the glass and bottle. We have totally redesigned the menu and now offer a selection of freshly prepared dishes including home made pies and burgers. We hope to close in January for our refurbishment but will keep you posted closer to the time, in the meantime we hope you enjoy the little changes we have made. Hope to see you all soon.
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Visited recently for Xmas lunch. Treated well and service was good by meals were ordered before hand . In the summer a good garden on the river and again a good selection and choice off food Feel some of reviews are unfair . Try and judge for yourself .

2  Thank Surinder R

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

After coming to the pub for a open mic night with friends the landlady rudely came up to us and and asked to search my bag for alcohol when i was only going to buy soft drinks. Other people in the pub were perving on my little sister, stating how they want her to come back to their house! Not a nice atmosphere or pub! And smelt of weed! Also alot of under age drinkers in there!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have visited this pub a number of times over the years as I am a local resident in the area. However, upon my last visit here, I had a few encounters with the landlady and she came across as a very aggressive and unpleasant woman. I am very disappointed and will definitely not be coming back here again.

3  Thank Anne3003
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Having walked into the Phoenix this evening i was pleasantly surprised, however with our drink we had a few bags of crisps after tasting they were stale, the rather rude bar maid said there ok there not that far gone! and i should be expected to eat them, well i was not happy with this and insisted on getting in date crisp, I was then challenged by the rather aggressive landlord who shouted at me "I TELL YA WHAT", in front of my 11 year old daughter is clearly not acceptable and i will be taking matter further. well beware people go there at your own risk, and do not complain about anything otherwise your in trouble, me personally i would not be returning there. awful people with bad attitudes

3  Thank kim30kim
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Having eaten and drunk in ths pub in the eve. I thought I would try it at lunch time having taken My farther shopping we were both in need of some nourishment and a little light refreshment,I ordered Ham egg and Chips which was Excellent the Ham was real and it was nice and thick a million miles away from the wafer thin plastic stuff some establishments serve as ham ! my farther ordered a lamb hotpot which was absolutely gorgeous accompanied by a selection of veg that was cooked to perfection ,yes I had to help him finish it due to the generous portion what trials us son's have to go through !!!The bar staff were very efficient but still had time for a bit of banter it was a pleasure will be back.