“Nice place, could do better...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Flower Pot

The Flower Pot
Ranked #1 of 2 Sunbury B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice place, could do better...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. At first sight all looked very nice, but on a closer expection the room wasn't clean (hairs in bathroom from previous guests, earplug on the floor, a teaspoon under the wardrobe, plus a set of cupcakes clearly left behind by again previous guests). The room itself was comfortable, the shower was good, but somebody needs to take the time and effort to ensure the room is ready for next guests. Breakfast was included and was good; it's a shame because the place has potential, especially since it's the only pub with rooms in the village. I do feel the manager should take responsibility and obviously doesn't: shame.
We chose three stars, was somewhere in between that and four stars.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before, have a quick look around to check cleanliness etc.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gjgijsbert
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear,
i had a meeting with our Housekeeper deputy manager to talk about your review.

Could you email me the dates of you stay at info@theflowerpotsunbury.co.uk.

I'm apologize for the inconvenience,

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel for just over 2 weeks over December 2013. the staff were fantastic, really helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble for them and they really went the extra mile. We stayed in room 5 which was great, very spacious and on the side of the hotel so wasn't bothered by any noise from the pub area especially on New Years Eve. The restaurant was also very good and the food well priced and a good variety. The hotel is also very conveniently situated and on bus route, so getting around was easy. Thanks to Pierre, James and the staff for making our holiday an enjoyable and memorable one. will definitely return to your establishment.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Sharon,
It was a great pleasure to accommodate you!

Thanks for the nice review

Walton on Thames
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Only have used the Restaurant so cannot comment upon the Accommodation.
Ate there on on Christmas Eve with a party of friends which is perhaps not the best time to judge
a restaurant but as they were happy to take our money... The first thing was that 3 dishes on the Menu were off and as these included my choice I decided to have the Pie which I was assured was made from locally sourced product. The pie was served on a bed of cold mashed potato.
As for the pie itself it contained pieces of chicken and mushroom with no sauce inside whatsoever.
As a consequence it was very dry and the very thick pastry made it like chewing cardboard.
One of the party ordered the pizza which has a good base but was not blessed with much topping.
Very disappointing and will not be returning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear,
I'm very sad to heard than you had a bad experience with us.
On the day when we came we been extremely due whic is the reason why some of the dishes weren't available.

We all work very hard the last few weeks to be sure than our food quality is the best as it should be every single time.

I suggest than you try our restaurant an other time and (hopefully) you will be surprised with the quality of the food.

I'm apologize again for the inconvenience.

Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We had a lovely welcome and the staff were very pleasant. However, we stayed in room 3, nice bedroom space but the bathroom and toilet were filthy. I had to clean the toilet before we could use it. It was like the person responsible for preparing the room was interrupted. The tea & coffee facilities were not prepared, no cups and saucers, plus half a bottle of mineral water left.... Had lunch in the bar, really pleased we were booked into the Moon in Moon Chinese in the evening! because the salad and pizza were well past their best! limp salad in this day and age is not acceptable. Breakfast was average. The saving grace was the clean bed linen and delightful staff.

Room Tip: View room and bathroom before you commit.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bailgate
Dear,
I'm sorry to heard than you didnt enjoy your stay as much as you should.

Could you email the dates than you stay at info@theflowerpotsunbury.co.uk

I will investigate and see what's happens.

I'm apologize again for the inconvenience.

Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed at the Flower Pot last week for just the one night and really enjoyed it. The bar / hotel staff were very friendly and chatty and the food in the restaurant was very good value! Being a Yorkshireman we don't like paying over the odds for mediocrity and I'm happy to say this wasn't the case at the Flower Pot. The room was very well appointed for the money though mine was above the main road and wasn't soundproofed - a long drive down and a couple of pints sorted me so no problem getting to sleep but it may affect others differently!

I'd definitely book here again if in the area!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear,
I'm really happy to heard than you enjoy your stay with us!

Thanks for the review!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

We only stayed here one night before our flight back the States the next day from Heathrow but wished we could have stayed longer! Our room was lovely - comfortable & beautifully furnished, with a modern bathroom. The best part of our stay, though, was experiencing the bar/restaurant - the food and local brews were excellent but we especially enjoyed interacting with the friendly local patrons on what was a very busy & popular Friday evening. Breakfast the next morning was also great, and owner Pierre and assistant James were welcoming, friendly and helpful. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Room 8 (our room) is a steep climb up 2 flights of stairs with a narrow, low door and a sloped beame...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear,

I'm very happy than you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was a great pleasure to accommodate you.

I wish you a merry Christmas.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I had heard that The Flower Pot was lovely inside. The decor was, but the drink and customer service were not! The mulled wine was awful. It was cloudy as if it had orange juice in it, bitter, and generally a horrible taste. I still feel quite ill after one sip. I have had my fair share of mulled wine in the past, so went to complain. I was told it was a recipe from the bbc website and that they had been making it for years. I was not offered a replacement drink and I found their customer service poor. In the past if I have ever had a problem at a restaurant, the good establishments have apologised and offered an alternative free of charge. I had heard that the food here was bad, but thought I would be ok with a drink! I will not be returning and have told lots of my local friends of my disappointment.

• Stayed December 2013
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear,
I'm very sorry than you didn't enjoy our mulled wine. We use a receipt from the chef Ainsley Harriot which is very popular with our customers, some of them requested since a couples of weeks ago already!

I heard my colleague proposed you a replacement for your drink which you declined.

All our dishes are homemade, and we get a lot of compliments about it. We use only fresh products of a high quality.

I suggest than you come to try and make an opinion by yourself.
If you would like to give it a go, email me at info@theflowerpotsunbury.co.uk and i will be propose you a nice deal to apologize for the inconvenience than you had with our mulled wine.

I will take in consideration your comments about the customers service and be sure than all our team is aware of how is very important.

Again, i would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunbury
Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park
#2 of 3 in Shepperton
The Lensbury
The Lensbury
#1 of 3 in Teddington

Been to The Flower Pot? Share your experiences!