“Brilliant Stay - Really Enjoyed It”
Review of The Flower Pot

The Flower Pot
Ranked #1 of 2 Sunbury B&B and Inns
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Stay - Really Enjoyed It”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Flower Pot in Sunbury. From the first friendly greeting by Pierre until I left after breakfast it was warm, comfortable and friendly.

Checking in was dead easy as I had booked through Trip Advisor and it was all sorted, I just signed my name and Pierre showed me to my room. the room was a good size, plenty of room to move and very comfortable. The joy of a good boutique hotel is that the rooms are not all the same and this was an excellent conversion from a very old building so the ceiling was low with an old beam across the ceiling and the walls and floor were by no means level. This proved very useful in the morning after the excellent Badger beers served in the bar as the floor sloped towards the bathroom.

The bed was large and comfortable, with sufficient pillows and the bedding was fresh and clean. there was a very comfortable lounge chair and the lighting was well planned and designed to contrast well with the old building. there was enough wardrobe space, a decent full length mirror that you could stand back from far enough to actually see yourself and a decent desk and chair. WiFi was included and worked fine and the toilet/shower room was clean and tidy and the shower worked fine. The only niggle was that although the toilet had been cleaned there was an old stain in the bottom of the bowl - this needs to be deep cleaned or use blue water.

I didn't eat dinner at the Flower Pot as I had a prior engagement but it smelt OK and I could hear no complaints from the the guests eating in the restaurant. I did eat breakfast, the morning staff were not in the same professional league as Pierre but they were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was slightly confusing, the usual buffet of cereals and drinks were immediately accessible but there were no menus on the table and no indication that cooked breakfast was available. Eventually the young man serving came up and asked me if I wanted a cooked breakfast and there was indeed a decent menu. Why weren't these either available on the tables or if not the waiter needed to come and speak to me as soon as I came into the restaurant area. When it arrived the kippers and poached egg were fine and there was plenty of fresh tea.

All in all a nice stay and i will be staying again and would recommend The Flower pot to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Mark,
I'm really happy than you enjoyed your stay with us,

Thanks to let me know about the breakfast issue, which i will sort it out.

Thanks again for the nice review.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Walton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I booked the Flower Pot for 3 nights in January for a client, and was required to pay in full up front - an amount of nearly £350. A week before the client was due to arrive, he had to cancel. After long discussions and several visits to the pub hotel, the very nice and civilised manager gave my business startup a full refund of the payment. This is of course what any decent hotel would do, but he did this most graciously and politely. I was very grateful and will definitely book there again in future. My daughter and her boyfriend stayed there and thought the guest rooms were very attractive. It is in a historic building across from the River Thames in TW16.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Helen,
I'm very happy than you enjoyed our arrangement. Like i said to you, at The Flower Pot, we are happy to help the locals business,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here for an anniversary in room 1, the room with the bath in the bedroom. The room was exactly as the photos, really lovely. We had two breakfasts and two evening meals and all the food was really good. Can recommend both the steak, we had rare and medium rare as we always do and could actually tell whose was whose, not always the case, and the pizzas. The house red was really good and the highlights of breakfast were the coffee, and the sausages in the full English.
We stayed during the flooding in February and there were some issues with bath and shower drainage, the staff could not have been nicer. Really nice gestures in with good customer service. We were really impressed with many of the staff, Friday was valentines and the barman and waitress were very professional and did a great job despite how busy it was. The general manager was charming, thoughtful and courteous throughout and the assistant manager was friendly and helpful.
Would be very happy to go back.

Room Tip: Loved room 1, shower was very powerful and room was lovely.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Jennie,

I'm really happy than you passed and enjoyed your anniversary with us. It was a real pleasure to accommodate you.

We all looking forward to see you again, all the best ,

Kind Regards from all the team, and thanks again for the nice review!
Sunbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I take my family here regularly for a weekend lunch. The food is always good and freshly prepared and the service is always good too. The food is very good value too. The range of beers available is always good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear,I'm really happy than you enjoy regularly our food and our beer.

Thanks again for the nice review.

Kinds Regards,
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We always get a warm welcome in the Flower Pot and Friday night was no exception. The food was great - hake & chips followed by fruit crumble - freshly cooked and arrived hot (which doesn't always happen when eating out). Service with a smile too!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Julia,

I'm happy to heard than you enjoy your diner with us!

Thanks again for the review.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband for a weekend away and we both had a great time!
The service was excellent, Sam was very helpful and made us feel very welcome and the food in the restaurant was very good value and very tasty! Would most certainly recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kathryne,

I'm very happy to heard than you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks for the review!

Kind Regards
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed in the Exec room on a Saturday night and really enjoyed it. The room itself (with bath in the room) was beautifully decorated and very clean and comfortable. And the staff were extremely helpful. Food is good there too, we had the pizzas. Great location and definitely would recommend.

Room Tip: Room 1 is lovely, good for couples
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Lisa,

we very happy to heard than you enjoyed your stay with us!

Yes, Room 1 is very popular. This room is book very often for the Weeding night!

Kind Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunbury
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#1 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to The Flower Pot? Share your experiences!