“Coming back”
Review of The Flower Pot

The Flower Pot
Ranked #1 of 2 Sunbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Very nice pub/hotel where we spent (3 Germans) 2 nights together with friends from Nottingham. A very warm wellcome by Pierre who was also looking after us during our complete stay (he even carried our heavy suitcases up and down the stairs). We had diner on one evening which we enjoyed. Very good breakfast with products from the locals. And, of course, the bar, perfekt. We will definately come back next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear,
It was a real pleasure to accommodate your groups of friends and yourself.

We looking forward to see you again.

Thank you very much for the kind review

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We used to go tot he Flower Pot for the best Sunday roast in Lower Sunbury, but we have not been there for over a year. Today we had the most disappointing roast beef, very chewy, potatoes were over boiled and only slightly roast, vegetables reheated and a card board Yorkshire, Pizza was dry and over cooked. And expensive too... Would not recommend going there for food.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NoName01112
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Flower Pot in Sunbury. From the first friendly greeting by Pierre until I left after breakfast it was warm, comfortable and friendly.

Checking in was dead easy as I had booked through Trip Advisor and it was all sorted, I just signed my name and Pierre showed me to my room. the room was a good size, plenty of room to move and very comfortable. The joy of a good boutique hotel is that the rooms are not all the same and this was an excellent conversion from a very old building so the ceiling was low with an old beam across the ceiling and the walls and floor were by no means level. This proved very useful in the morning after the excellent Badger beers served in the bar as the floor sloped towards the bathroom.

The bed was large and comfortable, with sufficient pillows and the bedding was fresh and clean. there was a very comfortable lounge chair and the lighting was well planned and designed to contrast well with the old building. there was enough wardrobe space, a decent full length mirror that you could stand back from far enough to actually see yourself and a decent desk and chair. WiFi was included and worked fine and the toilet/shower room was clean and tidy and the shower worked fine. The only niggle was that although the toilet had been cleaned there was an old stain in the bottom of the bowl - this needs to be deep cleaned or use blue water.

I didn't eat dinner at the Flower Pot as I had a prior engagement but it smelt OK and I could hear no complaints from the the guests eating in the restaurant. I did eat breakfast, the morning staff were not in the same professional league as Pierre but they were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was slightly confusing, the usual buffet of cereals and drinks were immediately accessible but there were no menus on the table and no indication that cooked breakfast was available. Eventually the young man serving came up and asked me if I wanted a cooked breakfast and there was indeed a decent menu. Why weren't these either available on the tables or if not the waiter needed to come and speak to me as soon as I came into the restaurant area. When it arrived the kippers and poached egg were fine and there was plenty of fresh tea.

All in all a nice stay and i will be staying again and would recommend The Flower pot to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mark,
I'm really happy than you enjoyed your stay with us,

Thanks to let me know about the breakfast issue, which i will sort it out.

Thanks again for the nice review.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I booked the Flower Pot for 3 nights in January for a client, and was required to pay in full up front - an amount of nearly £350. A week before the client was due to arrive, he had to cancel. After long discussions and several visits to the pub hotel, the very nice and civilised manager gave my business startup a full refund of the payment. This is of course what any decent hotel would do, but he did this most graciously and politely. I was very grateful and will definitely book there again in future. My daughter and her boyfriend stayed there and thought the guest rooms were very attractive. It is in a historic building across from the River Thames in TW16.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Helen,
I'm very happy than you enjoyed our arrangement. Like i said to you, at The Flower Pot, we are happy to help the locals business,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here for an anniversary in room 1, the room with the bath in the bedroom. The room was exactly as the photos, really lovely. We had two breakfasts and two evening meals and all the food was really good. Can recommend both the steak, we had rare and medium rare as we always do and could actually tell whose was whose, not always the case, and the pizzas. The house red was really good and the highlights of breakfast were the coffee, and the sausages in the full English.
We stayed during the flooding in February and there were some issues with bath and shower drainage, the staff could not have been nicer. Really nice gestures in with good customer service. We were really impressed with many of the staff, Friday was valentines and the barman and waitress were very professional and did a great job despite how busy it was. The general manager was charming, thoughtful and courteous throughout and the assistant manager was friendly and helpful.
Would be very happy to go back.

Room Tip: Loved room 1, shower was very powerful and room was lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Jennie,

I'm really happy than you passed and enjoyed your anniversary with us. It was a real pleasure to accommodate you.

We all looking forward to see you again, all the best ,

Kind Regards from all the team, and thanks again for the nice review!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I take my family here regularly for a weekend lunch. The food is always good and freshly prepared and the service is always good too. The food is very good value too. The range of beers available is always good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear,I'm really happy than you enjoy regularly our food and our beer.

Thanks again for the nice review.

Kinds Regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We always get a warm welcome in the Flower Pot and Friday night was no exception. The food was great - hake & chips followed by fruit crumble - freshly cooked and arrived hot (which doesn't always happen when eating out). Service with a smile too!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Julia,

I'm happy to heard than you enjoy your diner with us!

Thanks again for the review.

Kind Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunbury
Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park
#2 of 4 in East Molesey
The Swan Inn Chiddingfold
The Swan Inn Chiddingfold
#2 of 6 in Chiddingfold

Been to The Flower Pot? Share your experiences!