All reviewsthe pubtaste cardsunday roasthampton courtcoffee machinelimited parkingfull englishchain hotelmagpielittle touchescomfy bedlovely roomfamily rooma lovely staycooked breakfastone night stayflowerpot
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This pub is a short walk from where we live so it is great to have a local pub in walking distance that serves real ale and a great Sunday roast. We can relax and enjoy ourselves and not worry about drinking and driving. We can also walk off lunch walking along the Thames at Sunbury or walking through the nearby walled gardens and Sunbury Park. This is actually one of the few pubs in the UK that serves my husbands favorite beer - draught Leffe. Expensive but a nice treat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Fiona,

Thank for the nice review. It's very nice indeed to be able to appreciate a draught Leffe!

We looking forward to see you see you soon again.

Kind regards!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Wanting a light but tasty lunch with a couple of friends including a non meat eater in a pleasant un intimidating venue ie where happy to walk in and wait on own until others arrived ... Opted for the flower pot .lit did not disappoint welcomed and offered refreshment i sat comfortably awaiting guests who had not been before ...they arrived individually and were immediately offered refreshment etc in a pleasant un intrusive way ..and considering a mix ie wine and tea...not an eyebrow raised ...our lunch selections made ..they did not disappoint ...exceedingly tasty wrap..and made by my request without mayo...and goat cheese crostini lovely ...not hurried and perfectly at ease we finished with selection of more tea, coffees and peppermint tea...and thoroughly enjoyed the accompanying small shot glass of chocolate beans .....a perfect lunchette that pleased the palate and the pocket ...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear,
I'm glad to heard than you enjoyed your lunch with us.

thanks again for the review!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The surroundings are pleasant, the assistant manager was very friendly and helpful, but:
- only one bitter on sale and this ran out during the evening.
- I stayed in room 3 and complained of a drain smell shortly after arrival. I was told this was due to recent flooding in the area, and whilst having dinner the room was sprayed with air freshener. When I went to bed the room still smelt awful and the following morning I complained again as the smell was obviously coming from the bathroom. This time the member of staff said they knew about it and we're waiting for a plumber! Why on earth wasn't the room taken out of service until the problem was resolved? No apology was given and not somewhere I could recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank RobMcI
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Rob,
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience with your bathroom.
Like we explained to you, this problem just showed up the day you arrived to The Flower Pot.

We called our maintenance team on the same day, he came, try to fix but sadly nothing was possible. We were just in a wait for a plumber.

The only reason why we didn't closed the room is because the hotel was fully book and it was only few hours before you checked in.

Obviously if we would had an other room available, we would move your booking to this room.

Again, i'm apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed for 1 night . The staff were very friendly and helpful the decor of the hotel was unstated shabby chic . Bed was comfortable with pure cotton bedding, soft towels and a large shower with enough room for 2! Brest was delicious , very high quality meat and perfectly cooked, Sunday papers to browse we're complimentary . Overall very pleasant stay . Only £10 more than a chain hotel group but with breakfast included it was actually cheaper !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear,
I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are always very happy to heard than our customers enjoyed their stay!

We looking forward to see you soon !

Kind Regards, and thanks again for the nice review!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed at the Flower Pot for one night recently. The room was ok but as I had asked for a quiet room months previously when booking I was disappointed to have a room literally a few feet above the busy road running by this pub. The room itself was ok, relatively clean and reasonably equipped. My colleagues and I had dinner and found the food to be poor, and the wine list short and overpriced. We asked the waiter about when we could order drinks and he said as were residents it didn't matter so were surprised to be told very abruptly (rudely would be another way of putting it) that the bar was closed when we ordered a night cap at 11pm. Breakfast was probably better than the dinner, standard full English. Was this place good value at £103 a night and £37 a head for food? No it isn't, would I go back? no. I would recommend the Thames-side pub The Magpie 5 minutes walk down the road for food and drinks, better service and a nicer atmosphere.

Room Tip: you can try asking for a room away from the road but expect to ignored.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PTEv
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

I'm very sad to heard than you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We try as much as we can to accommodate every single request from the customers, sadly as we are very busy, some people stay longer,etc...we are not able to accommodate all of them, particularly for the rooms request.

I'm surprised to heard than you didn't enjoy our food as all of our dishes are homemade with some high quality products.

Could you send me an email at info@theflowerpotsunbury.co.uk please?

I would like to ask some few questions to see where we fail and how we can improve to be sure the points where we failed doesn't happen anymore.

Again, i'm apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you will consider our establishment for a second chance.