All reviewsthe pubtaste cardsunday roasthampton courtcoffee machinelimited parkingfull englishchain hotelmagpielittle touchescomfy bedlovely roomfamily rooma lovely staycooked breakfastone night stayflowerpot
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stopped here for a spot of lunch. Nice staff, nice pub. Terrible food. My partner had a roast that made Toby Carvery look like the Ritz and I opted for the burger, my so called burger turned up but what I saw was a very small piece of cremated and crumbled meat in a dry bun, If I had cooked it for myself at home alone I would have been too ashamed to eat it. I sent it back and swapped it for an equally miserable pizza. Too hungry, as was my partner who had given up on his roast we ate the greasy miserable pizza and headed off never to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tina S
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Tina,

I'm very sad to heard than you didn't enjoy our food and than our food on your visit . All our food is homemade with some local quality products (our burger are homemade and come from a local butcher,our pizza are homemade, dough included too.)

Could you send me an email at info@theflowerpotsunbury.co.uk with the details of your visit?

Again,

I'm apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Having less than a 24 hour layover, we didn't have time to go into the city, yet didn't want to stay at the airport. The Flower Pot was the perfect compromise being about halfway between. We were practically delirious with exhaustion and starving by the time we finally arrived, due to very early morning departure from previous city, long airport layovers and flight delays. The kitchen closed 45 minutes prior to our arrival. However, James (asst mgr) sat down with us at their darling pub, and after listening to our story, decided with Naomi, the cook, to reopen the kitchen to satisfy our craving for fish & chips!! We were overwhelmed by their generous hospitality!

The structure was built in the 1700's and possessed all the village charm we had hoped for in our brief stay. A picture-perfect English village along the Thames, adorable room with pub/restaurant downstairs and exceptional personal service. Also, breakfast was included and was delicious - perfect English breakfast with eggs, potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms, and of course, beans. Absolutely loved it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Luann,

I'm very happy to heard than you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks for the nice review.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Quaint boutique hotel. Actually a pub with accomodation , charming English experience. Room tasefully decorated and lovely breakfast. Only down side is my room had a patch of damp and smelt of same. Did point it out so hopefully this will be sorted in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear,

Thanks for the review.
Yes sadly last week we had some few problems with some pipe which cause a little bit of disagreement.
Good thing, everything has been sorted it out!

We hope than you will choose our establishment again for your future stay in Sunbury!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

'A very pleasant surprise' is how I would describe The Flower Pot. I was staying there on business for an Antique Fair at Kempton as it was a perfect location. A very warm welcome was given by Sam who showed me to a delightful room, well designed, very stylish, classy & comfortable with everything you could want....including a bath in the bedroom :) & bathrobes, absolute luxury. The only fault was no toilet roll holder in the bathroom...petty I know but just an attention to detail. I must also mention the superb shower which was the best hotel shower I have ever had. I stayed for 2 nights & the food was excellent both at breakfast & dinner, all cooked fresh with a small but quality selection which I couldn't fault. They even sold prosecco by the glass ....perfect. All of the staff were friendly especially Sam & informative, they even helped someone find accommodation when they were full. I will definitely recommend this to fellow antique dealers for Kempton & to anyone who wants a break in a lovely hotel. There is a slight problem with lack of parking, but there is plenty not far up the road so not a major fault. I will be back.

Room Tip: I had the room at the front overlooking the main road, which was superb & not noisy from the traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nikki b
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Nikki,

I'm very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us.

I had a chat with my housekeeper supervisor and my maintenance team.

Room 1 have now a new toilet roll holder.

Thanks again for the nice review!

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Decided to spend a glorious sunny Sunday afternoon here for a spot of lunch and what an excellent choice it proved to be! Service was prompt, polite & very attentive, not to mention reasonably priced! Food was beautifully presented and very much to my liking. Would recommend highly and will certainly be visiting again. Great atmosphere and beautiful, classy decor. A beer garden would be the final touch.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Kerry,
I'm very happy to heard than you enjoy your lunch with us under the beautiful sun of sunbury!

We looking forward to see you soon again.

Thanks again for the nice review