“loved it!”
Review of The Flower Pot

The Flower Pot
Ranked #1 of 2 Sunbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I've been here at the end of last month for a couple of night as one of my office's company is in weybridge, few miles away.

I enjoyed the ambiance,i enjoyed the food. Normally i stay in holiday inn and similar hotel and i was very pleased than my office booked this pub for me.
It's so much better to stay in a hotel with family ambiance.
Pierre the manager (his accent is very frenchie, i bet the ladies loves him! ) and Bobby his assistant (a litle bit shy but very nice!) have been fab : Good customers services, good service, both ready to help.

The food was very good too, as i had breakfast, lunch and dinner during my stay.

The only bad point which was a little bit annoying it was this spanish chef, which passed her time to scream after everybody(you could heard her in the kitchen from the bar!!) and the rest of the time just parading around at the bar all the time, "pretending to be nice "with the customers.

Dont want to look nasty but i think the place of a chef is in the kitchen cooking and not faffing around at the bar like she does mainly.

If i would come back? certainly, just confine the lady chef in her kitchen and tell her to be more quiet, the customers doesn't want to heard a chef screaming badly at everybody when they have a nice meal!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Philip,
I'm very happy to heard than you enjoyed your stay with us.

I'm apologize for the inconvenience with the noise and the nousence of the kitchen staff. I will be sure than it doesn't happens again.

Thanks again for the nice review.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Was a bit nervous about booking an overnight stay in a "pub" but need not have worried ! This little gem is priceless ! The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The room was comfortable, well furnished and absolutely spotless. The breakfast - we had full English breakfast - was well cooked and I have not had such tasty scrambled eggs anywhere ! Only down side is the lack of parking but on street parking is available opposite St. Mary's church which is only a short walk away - a couple of minutes. Thank you everyone at The Flowerpot for making our short stay so very enjoyable - see you next year for the Hampton Court Flower Show !

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel could avoid traffic noise and the pub is right on the main road.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear,

Thank you very much for the nice review.

I'm glad to heard than you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you very much again for the nice review.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Fantastic stay in this charming small hoterl ideally situated in a real fully pleasant área nearby the river .Personal Young , sympathic and super availables ...all of them !WOuld like to reapeat the experience !
Connection with London city center very easy by train or/and bus ; 45 mns
The whole área is nice , with a global notable high standing level , and great presence of nature
Would have like meal schedules maybe somehow later , more extenses but nothing wrong about it neither
We went in summer time , quite hot tº in the room , we had to let the wind open and like this was ok ; one thing I did not understand totally has been the cleaning of the room ; we realise they were coming but the bed was not done for example . Those are details in any case ; we really enjoy and recommend this place

1  Thank christine a
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Christine,
I'm very happy to heard than you enjoyed your stay with us.

I'm not sure what happens about the housekeeping for your room, i'm apologize and i will have a chat with our housekeeping department,

Thanks again for the lovely review.

kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

A really nice pub which serves great beer and very good food. It is really homely in there and the staff are friendly. we've recently moved into the area and are delighted that this is so local to us!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear,
I'm very happy than you enjoyed our food and beer!

So i hope see you soon again.

Thank you again for the nice review!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Fantastic boutique style hotel.
Excellent service and great ambiance.

I did the London to Brighton bike ride and we stayed here the night before to get an early start.
Unfortunately the breakfast did not start until 8 on a Sunday which was later than we planned to leave....No fear, the manager even came in early so we could get a quick breakie for the off and he even made us a packed lunch to take on with us.

Rooms lovely. One minor issue, shower pressure but not too big a deal.

Above and beyond the call of duty....Very much appreciated.
We'll be back.

Room Tip: 5 Was nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Anthony,
It was a pleasure to accommodate you. We try as much as possible to accommodate our customers request, so it wasn't a problem form me to come early.

I hope you didn't feel your legs too much after 60 miles of cycling. You did it for a great cause!

Thank you very much again for the lovely review.

Kind Review

Reviewed 21 June 2014

great place to eat, good menu (though not enough fishy dishes) lovely atmosphere. food served piping hot & well presented.

Only complaint, the bar staff must learn to offer ladies of a certain age a glass & NOT offer them a bottle with a bit of lime stuffed in the top!! do I look like a lady who drinks out of a bottle?????..........I don't think so.

we live nearby so visit often.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear,
I'm very happy than you enjoy regularly the flower pot.

As we have some new staff we train them about how to serve the drinks properly, accommodate the wishes and the customers, etc...

It looks like with this particular staff we need to train a little bit more to be sure he is absolutely 100% good with our standards.

I'm apologize for the inconvenience.

Would it be possible than you email me at info@theflowerpotsunbury.co.uk to give me the details of your visit?

Thank you very much and i hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have been staying in hotels around Hampton, the location of my company's HQ, for many years but this was my first visit to the Flower Pot. A great little place - more of a food pub with some guest rooms.
The bar restaurant offers a small but varied selection of dishes cooked and presented deliciously. The room I stayed in was very tastefully decorated with a comfortable bed, freeview telly and en-suite shower room. A nice touch was a coffee maker as well as the usual kettle.
Breakfast was the highlight for me; quality bacon and sausage cooked with fresh scrambled eggs. A big improvement on the normal hotel offerings in the area of cheap meat and powdered eggs.
Can't comment on value as the room was prepaid - so I don't know how much it cost. I would definitely stay again but would make sure I turned up before the rush to grab one of the few parking spaces.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
FlowerPotSunbury, General Manager at The Flower Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Andy,
I'm very happy than you enjoyed your breakfast with us,
We work only with some high quality products.

We hope to see you soon again.

Kind Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunbury
Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
The Anchor Hotel
The Anchor Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shepperton

Been to The Flower Pot? Share your experiences!