“Fantastic and Delicious”

Basilico
Ranked #20 of 262 Restaurants in Doral
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Markham, Canada
“Fantastic and Delicious”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were staying at a hotel close by, and the staff at this hotel recommended Basilico. We had a couple hours to kill before our flight out, so we settled in to enjoy the ambiance. This is a family-friendly restaurant, and when we arrived, a baby shower was just ending. The kids had their normal Fettucini Alfredo with Chicken, and was a reasonable $8. The price for the main entrees were not cheap, but are not at the top end of prices we have seen either. My wife and I each had a chicken dish...mine with Gorgonzola cheese and spinach with Vegetables on the side, and hers was with Goat cheese and mushrooms with only Mash Potatoes. I have to say this was one of the best Italian meals I have had anywhere...including Italy. The dishes were full of flavor, well presented, and generous in size. I'm not sure if I'll be back in this area again, but if I were to go back, I'll make an effort to have a meal at Basilico.

• Visited March 2014

SAO PAULO, BRAZIL
“Great Pasta”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This restaurant is located in a small mall close to my work area, so wen in town I normally come here for lunch.

Some great pasta are available here, many of them meatless, which is great for veggies like me. I love mushrooms, and their papardelle with porcini is delicious, I also recommend the gnocchi 4 formaggi.

Price seems a litte overpriced, but considering the efficient service and the food quality, it`s still worth it.

• Visited February 2014
Miami, Florida
“I SAVED A PICTURE”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Of a perfect steak atop a bed of mushroom risotto. Strongly recommend it. Courteous, knowledgeable waiters.

Visited May 2013
Miami
“Lovely food, excellent waiter!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I went with three girlfriends for lunch at Basilico today - my first visit. The lunch menu was very reasonable and had some very interesting dishes. One friend had gnocci which was very good, one had salmon and veggies and loved it and another friend and I had a delicious whole wheat pasta dish with spinach, sun dried tomatoes (SDT as they are called on the menu!), goat cheese etc. It was so creamy, rich and delicious although if you are not a fan of sun dried tomatoes, there are a lot of them in the dish but you can always ask for the pasta without the SDT's. The meal included either salad or soup to start with and bread and butter so good value. We all had salad which came with an "Italian" dressing but it was really balsamic vinegar and oil!

I have to praise our waiter Julio who was exceptional. He had a great sense of humor and without going into too many details, he went above and beyond the call of duty to take care of us, including a nice birthday desert for my friend Crystal (which we didn't ask for), but he had picked up on us talking about her having a recent birthday and decided to bring her a nice vanilla pudding with strawberry sauce without being asked. Very impressive. Another friend also had the Tirimasu which they said was fabulous. It was a large portion (big enough for 3-4 people to share and cost only $5.00 which I thought was pretty good. Coffee was nice and hot too.
Will definitely be going back here again. Great place for a business lunch or a lunch with friends. Ask for Julio - he was really great!

• Visited February 2014
Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Amazing food”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

The food was cooked to perfection. Everything we had was divine. I just wish they would upgrade their bathroom. It is clean but not up to par with the exquisite cuisine and ambience.

Been to Basilico? Share your experiences!