“Fake PADI certification”
Review of Ocean Hunters Dive Center - CLOSED

Ocean Hunters Dive Center
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Ocean Hunters provided me with a terrible scuba instruction, which I feel
creates an unsafe environment for divers. I DO NOT RECOMMEND TAKING ANY SCUBA
CLASSES, for two reasons:
- They do not prepare you to be a safe and skilled diver
- They do not provide a certification of any kind that any other dive shop
will accept if you want to go on a boat with them.

I saw an ad on groupon, advertising "Full worldwide certification with all
instruction, materials, and equipment included"... Upon telephone
verification, whether or not this was PADI, it was confirmed to be a PADI course.

After sign-up, the owner, Abdiel, sent an illegal scan of the PADI Open Water
course material per email, in PDF format. I was asked to read the whole book.

The first dive took place in a lake near Doral, and seemed for me as a normal
training dive. The second dive took place in Miami Beach, where we walked into
the water. After descending and checking everybody was OK, we swam around for a long
time, with no training exercises whatsoever. This seemed odd to be.

Upon completion of the dives, I had to do the exam, which was an online app
and all very sketchy on non-official.

After completion of all this, the owner gave me the PADI certification card,
which looked real and had Abdiel Falcon as the instructor.

When I presented this at a local dive shop, they said it looked fake and
started to investigate. Conclusions:
There was NO evidence of me being a diver in the PADI computers, in addition,
Abdiel Falcon was not a registered instructor at PADI.

I was not allowed to dive with this local dive shop, as I was not certified
"by a recognized institution".

8  Thank Peter J

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My wife got me a open water dive certification for her and I for my birthday off of Groupon. This is one of the newer dive shops in South Florida. With that being said the customer service is first rate. Abdiel gave us the class portion and first confined water dives. He was VERY patient with my wife and took her down a second time during the buoyancy phase and getting her used to the under water environment.

We had our open water sessions with Dalton and he also did a great job. The only recommendation I would make here is maybe getting to the dive site earlier then the students. Once he arrived again top notch instruction going through our skills test.

We had our second dive to finish our skills with a class of 5 and Dalton was outstanding. Not only was he patient and went through the skills multiple times. He made sure to take extra time with those who needed it. I also lost my camera and he went down again to try and find it.

While this is a new shop continuing to grow my experience Ocean Hunters was excellent and I would certainly recommend them, especially if your not comfortable in the water. They will take the time to make sure your squared away.

1  Thank Jesse P
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Had a great experience at this shop. Went in to buy a speargun and some fins, ended up buying a mask as well. only because i had a little more left over than i thought i would becuase of the great prices. very friendly service, a little hidden and hard to find if its your first time, but definitely worth the find. make sure to check in on foursquare to receive discounts.