“Great customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Doral
Miami, Florida
“Great customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I just wanted to thank the front desk staff at the Hyatt Miami at the Blue.. They have been extremely helpful and accommodating. Monet and her two supervisors (Rosemary) all deserve a raise!! I would definitely recommend you stay here and make sure to speak to Monet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Miami at The Blue. Monet, Rosemary and the rest of the team will be recognized for going above & beyond to ensure your needs were met. Hyatt takes pride with hearing feedback such as yours. I hope you will consider returning to our hotel on your next visit to Miami. Your referral is greatly appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
indianapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

So this hotel was a mixed bag for me. The positives: the staff was helpful and friendly, particularly those in the restaurant who were very nice. The pool is really nice, the grounds seem well kept, and the rooms are modern and VERY spacious. The cons: personally, I found the layout/setup to be a challenge as I was not aware going in, that the hotel was not only exterior corridor (which always intimidates me as a female traveling alone), but that it was so spread out. Any time I had to go to the lobby I had to either walk a half mile or had to wait for a golf cart ride from one of the staff. I think there were a lot of longer-term travelers there as it was more like an apartment complex than hotel. I had to keep calling cabs to get where I needed to go and would wait outside for 15 mins before finally walking to the lobby- it was just all very confusing and not ideal considering the conference I was in town for was at another hotel in the area that was booked. If you are going to stay put in your room though, maybe this is not a concern. The other con for me was that while the room décor was very modern and appeared nice (and HUGE), my room smelled musty and needed repairs. Lots of scratches on the walls and tile, and the carpet appeared to be a cheap residential grade berber. I am not sure if it was just my room or if all are like that. Just seemed either cheaply done or that someone had really done some damage on it. Oh and last negative- the rooms were not well lit. I had every light in the place on (I was in a suite) and still could not see. So, I guess it really just depends on what you are looking for. I would not personally stay here again, but it was not a bad hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lindseybrow
We regret to hear that we failed to meet your expectation, it is and will always be our commitment to provide our guests with a value hotel option and an enjoyable vacation experience. We appreciate your feedback in an effort to improve our guest experience. We sincerely apologize for the concerns you encountered during your stay at our property. I hope that you will be willing to give us a second chance to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any assistance planning your next visit, I can be reached at 305-640-6635 or via email at ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com
berkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have stayed here every year for the last 6 years and I have never been disappointed. Great spot if you don't want to be right in the middle of Miami and like a bit of golf! The staff are very very friendly, and the place is clean and nice. The rooms are huge and beautfiully decorated and they are great value. I normally stay in the Deluxe rooms which means I have a huge bedroom, two bathrooms, a kitchen a living room, plus a lovely view onto the golf course. My only slight criticisms are that the pool bar is frequently understaffed and the room service charges are high; but saying that with a kitchen we got takeaways or cooked so not a huge deal!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor so you get a better view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for sharing comments about your recent stay. We value our repeat clients as it helps us to confirm we are on the right path to customer service. Our employees will be recognized for going above & beyond to ensure your needs were met. I look forward to your continued support and again appreciate the feedback.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

It was a very pleasant surprise my stay at this Hyatt. Very comfortable and spacious rooms with all the amenities of a small apartment. I would like a little more professionalism at the front desk, but overall it was a great experience. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay.
We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I myself am a big fan of our guestrooms as they are truly unique and spacious. I would appreciate more feedback on your Front Desk experience and can be reached at ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com

Looking forward to your return!
US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayng at this property for the past 4 years, even before it was a Hyatt. Rooms are still great, very spacious. However, I believe housekeeping has decreased in may last visits. Would stay here again but will mention this to them before my next visit.

Room Tip: Buildings after number 10 will be farther from front desk but much quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hyatt123Doral_FL, Director of Rooms at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your comments. We appreciate your business for the past 4 years and enjoy providing our guest with memorable visits. If you could provide more information about your stay, I can investigate the housekeeping matter to prevent any issues for future visits. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any assistance planning your next visit, I can be reached at 305-640-6635 or via email at ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I absolutely recommend this place! We stayed in a studio king size bed.

Pros: place was clean, staff was friendly, plenty of space, balcony with a wonderful view, large modern bathroom, all amenities very modern
Cons: parking can get tricky when you get back late, limited space. Wifi was a little slow.

Overall we had such a great room and experience we did not want to go anywhere. This place was a nice retreat from everyday life.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at the Hyatt Miami at The Blue. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your getaway at our property. Our employees will be recognized for going above & beyond to ensure your needs were met. Hyatt takes pride in hearing feedback such as yours. I hope you will consider returning to our hotel on your next visit to Miami.
Summit
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have been staying there a lot. Recently, the staff seems very young. It is a bit annoying to be asked each time if it's the first time that I stay a this hotel. The room is going a bit downhill. Over the years, I have brought so many colleagues with me to discover the hotel. My next stay has already been booked and it will be at a different place.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AlexisTWI
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. We take your comments very seriously and highly regret that we were not able to meet the level of your expectations.
We strive to provide all our guests with the best experience and be assured that your comments will be addressed. Our team is committed to continuously improving the quality of our service.
We hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
InterContinental at Doral Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall
Marriott's Villas at Doral
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
BEST WESTERN Plus Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!