“on route to cruise”

Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Doral
Reviewed 28 June 2014

had an excellent stay
was in Miami for one night on route to a cruise and we were 4 families renting two villas and had such a comfortable and wonderful time. very spacious and lots of bathrooms, once for each bedroom

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GenerealManager, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your pre cruise stay at Provident Doral at The Blue. You have experienced what every guests experiences while staying in one of our 2500sq ft luxury villas. The 3 bedrooms with 4 full bathrooms makes these units ideal for all families and corporate travelers. There is no luxury hotel in the area that can compete with our room product and services and I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations. We are the perfect hotel for pre and post cruise stays and we hope to see you soon. Please remember you will ALWAYS get the lowest rates by booking directly through theblue.com or calling the hotel directly. There are so many advantages to booking directly through the hotel than any 3rd party website.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Took a short vacation and came down to the Provident. Everything between check in and check out went very smooth. The desk clerk that helped us at check in offered many options for food and fun in the area. The room was spectacular! Very nice and spacious! Will definitely be back next time we are in Miami!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay at Provident Doral at The Blue. I am glad to see we were able to exceed your expectations and we look forward to your return. Please remember you will ALWAYS get the lowest rates by booking directly through theblue.com or calling the hotel directly.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

1. arrived 10:45 and took my bags into reception
2. learned from a bellman (who was inSIDE, not outside, where people arrive) that one has to drive to one's room so that I shouldn't have brought my bags inside.
3. was told I had a double room. Had reserved a king suite.
4. requested "not first floor" (security). Was told that wasn't available.
5. Asked about room service. "They're closed".
6. Alternatively asked to be pointed to the snack / convenience kiosk to buy something. Anything (since I hadn't eaten for 12 hours, and there was only a Starbucks and a Haagen Daz open in the AA terminal at the Miami airport). Nope, don't have one of those.
7. Left to find the McDonalds I'd passed driving in (the only thing I'd spotted that resembled an eating establishment). It was closed.
8. Stopped at a Shell with a convenience store. The door was locked! Food galore, only you couldn't get to it. Great place, that it has to lock its doors at 11p.
9. Drove back to hotel. Asked the security guard at the entry where to get something. He pointed me in the other direction where I finally found a fast food place with a drive through still open.
10. Well after midnight. Tried to find my building. No parking in front of it, or of either building to each side of it.
11. Went to the room before taking my things out of the car - it was large (my NY apt wasn't as big) and seemed to be nicely appointed. The fact that I was exhausted made it look even better.
12. Brought my bags in and turned on the TV. FINALLY.
13. Noticed that the black out shade was broken, ergo not covering the window.
14. While looking at that I found that the patio door was UNLOCKED (the reason that I don't like first floor rooms). Nice.
15. Oh, and like another reviewer before me, I didn't like the shin-high bed (way too low) or the 6" wooden platform surrounding the mattress. Bad.
16. The TV came on, but didn't change channels, change volume, or TURN OFF! Called the front desk and they promised to send someone.
17. Security guard came quickly and tried to fix it. Nothing. I was DONE. I gathered my things, thanked him for his efforts and went to reception.
18. Said I was checking out. The clerk said, "we'll cancel your reservation and there won't be a penalty". For who, me? For not wanting to accept less than reasonable conditions for a three night stays?
19. At nearly 1a I'm on the streets of Doral, looking for a better place. I found it at the Holiday Inn Express. Who knew?

Maybe it's the transition. Maybe this is what passes for service with the new management. My firm puts up a lot of people here and I've discussed this with our team. Either way, it was untenable IMO.

Props to Vanesa and to the roving security guard who exhibited sound customer service to try to set things right. I appreciated their efforts. The guard in the booth who directed me to food? Good on him too. As for the rest of the "stay"? What can I say. It's a sad day when you are trumped by a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MiddleNameGO10019
GenerealManager, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at Provident Doral at The Blue. I sincerely appologize that we did not exceed your every expecation and have personally reviewed your comments with all team members involved. As you mentioned we do have some outstanding team members here at The Blue and they will be recognized for their outstanding service. At Provident we pride ourseves on delivering the best quality and services and strive to be the best. Please contact me directly so that we can have you back as my guest and enjoy the true Provident Doral experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Room is nice. very modern decor. But could be better maintained in general. It a nice play to stay with a family. The room is big, has a small kitchen, big bathroom. But the customer service could be better. I had requested for a late check out. And there was no exception without a charge. And when I went to do my check out, I was 15 minutes delayed. They want to charge me for a day use.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in building 1 or 2.. They have many buildings throughout the property. And if you don...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for business in June occupying the three bedroom suite. Room had more room than my home and was chic, modern, and luxurious. To my surprise the hotel changed hands from Hyatt to provident doral at the blue. I have stayed at two provident hotels, the mutiny in coconut grove and Sailport in tampa... Both premier properties and locations just like this hotel. Enhancements are forthcoming but I am not sure how much better than perfect this hotel can get. Grounds were impeccable, restaurant on site, see separate review, was outstanding with delicious food and stellar service. Staff were friendly and if I had to critique anything I would suggest a gift shop (only because naturally I forgot something) congratulations team, this was by far my best hotel experience thus far on tripadvisor. Next time I will be saying longer for a vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jackie f
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2015

Thank you for your review and recommendation of Provident Blue. We are delighted that you found the staff to be friendly and the hotel exceeded your expectations. Your business is very important to us. Please come back and visit with us again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I must say this was an amazing stay and we greatly enjoyed ourselves. I would not change anything in the world here. The staff was simply amazing the restaurant was extremely accommodating and the house staff was awesome. This place is huge so Its difficult finding things and its not really close to downtown but overall it was worth the extra drive to stay in such an amazing place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Well appointed rooms with all the facilities you would need on either a business or pleasure trip. Rooms are fantastic with a small kitchen so you make your own breakfast in the comfort of your room. Will certainly come back here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
InterContinental at Doral Miami
Best Western Plus Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall
Marriott's Villas at Doral
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
Element Miami Doral
Element Miami Doral
#6 of 23 in Doral
Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!