“GROSS HOTEL!!!!!”

Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Doral
Reviewed 25 August 2009

The place looks like a dump!  The staff has no idea where they are standing...  I was totally up set.  Went for a nice leisure trip and ended up with more stress than anything else.  I was there for a summer vacation, and the pool looked nice on-line!!!! But when I got there!!!! It was a swap infested looking thing!  I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! I sat by the pool for more than an hour.... no one came by!!!!!!!!!!    Later that night I ordered room service, took me 20 minutes to even get someone on the phone,  when a confused employee finally picked up the phone... I asked a few basic questions... they had no idea what was even on the menu. I am not a world traveler BUT the type of incompetence should not be tolerated by a paying consumer!!!!!!!!! DOI NOT GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S GROSS!!! Stay at the next door  at the established Marriott instead

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisabtt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed 13 August 2009

We stayed 3 nights in May 2009.

Positives:
-New hotel
-Clean pool, not many people at the hotel during that weekend, nice size pool, and elegant setting
-Huge room, huge bathroom, full kitchen, living room with sofa, huge TV, another TV in bathroom,
-Separate shower and tub
-Free high speed internet
-quiet and relaxing
-Friendly service
-Fast check in and check out
-Booked thru expedia, and they had a great rate.

Neutral:
-we ordered room service one morning, and they were late but food was decent.
-if you are looking to be close to the party sections of Miami, this is at least 20 min drive, and you will need a car to find restaurants nearby to eat dinner, etc.
-It was easy to find places to eat nearby...chain restaurants but ok if you just wanted to stay and relax at the hotel.

Negative
-Industrial zone location but you hardly notice since hotel is based on a golf course

I will recommend based in very affordable pricing, and new huge room.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank panedu50
Reviewed 11 August 2009

My friend and I recently stayed at The Blue for 3 days in early August and were extremely impressed with all aspects of this hotel. The hotel workers were friendly and helpful, the rooms were spacious, and the restaurant had well cooked food at an unexpectedly affordable price (I recommend the chimichurri steak). The pool is quite large and is actually open 24 hours a day, and there is security at the gate, eliminating unwanted traffic in the facility grounds. The staff is so friendly that at one point I inquired about buying items at a local gas station variety store, one staff member drove me and my travelling partner over in his own car and drove us back (talk about service). The rooms are well kept up and come with a microwave, full refridgerator and dishwasher and basic china and cutlery. The view overlooks the PGA quality "Blue Monster" golf course. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wildbill11
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Originally booked for two nights but stayed for five as a staycation/retreat with a great per night price through the Preferred Hotels website. The Blue is located in Doral which is the new heart of Miami industry. It is also the home of the Doral Golf Resort and "The Blue" is situated on the Blue Monster course with nice views of part of the back nine. The rooms are all suites with Junior Suites minimum size 700 sq ft. I had a one bedroom suite 1, 010 sg ft which has a full sized kitchen, two full bathrooms, a living room with 42 inch LCD, a Sony DVD/CD player with 2 speakers, Free wifi or bring your own ethernet cable. The bedroom has a 32 inch LCD TV with it's own bathroom, that has two sinks, whirlpool bath, separate shower and toilet. Nice amenities. The balcony has a ceiling fan and nice outdoor furniture. The rooms are all decorated in soft colors with combination of tile and carpeted areas and good quality furniture also. Quiet and clean rooms( good sound proofing as this is near the airport and at times along the landing path). Gated security is excellent plus upon sign in, you list who may pass security to see you. The pool area is near the main entrance, just past the guard house. Nice pool setting - very clean! There is a workout facility and the spa, Azul on the second floor of the main building. First floor has the front desk and 5300 Chophouse which serves locally purchased and organically grown foods. The restaurant has a limited menu, but the food is very good! The staff was excellent! For the price I paid ( no parking fees and free-wifi - not common in the better hotels in Miami) , this place is a diamond in the rough! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank WeekendGetaways43
Reviewed 26 July 2009

A great hotel, big well equipped rooms, nice pool area and very friedly staff. A hotel I would recommend and I would love to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Stein R
Reviewed 25 July 2009

This hotel was by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in my life. The room is incredibly spacious, the furniture is first class and the bath is unbelievable with a jacuzzi, separate shower, seperate toilet seat and two (yes, two) faucets. The TV is very large and there is even an LCD TV in the bathroom. There is a perfect kitchen with latest appliances (refrigerator, microwave, dish washer), all Kitchen-Aid. There is free internet, pool as well as free parking. The staff makes you feel so pampered that you never want to leave the resort. The hotel is so underpriced I hope it stays that way. There is simply no better hotel than The Blue that could provide better service in Miami for their price ($100 something when I stayed).

As long as you have a car (which you should if you want to travel Miami best), staying at Doral (which is the nice town the hotel is located) is much better than staying in the crowded areas such as South Beach and so on. The hotel is a short drive (around 10 minutes depending on traffic) to almost every major location in Miami.

I can't wait for the next time I'll stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gezgin25
Reviewed 19 July 2009

I read only excellent reviews for the Blue and after staying at the Blue, I now know why it is so highly recommended. My husband and I were returning from a cruise and needed overnight accommodations. The location of the hotel was perfect for our purposes (had to catch an early flight out of Miami). When we arrived to the hotel we were warmly greeted and allowed an early check in. When we arrived to the room, I was thrilled to see the excellent size of the room, along with many of the amenities (huge TV, VERY comfortable bed and sitting area, extreme cleanliness, wonderful balcony view. Additionally, I loved the bathroom area which was sparkling clean and so luxurious with a gorgeous shower area, jetted bath tub and wonderful products and large TV for those who would prefer to relax in the bathtub! Though my husband and I usually prefer to stay at a B & B, this was truly a great experience and certainly the best hotel I've seen in years (we have stayed at some top of the line hotels). I only wish every hotel could be so wonderful! I would recommend this hotel to any one looking for accommodations near Miami and/or near the airport. Also, for anyone looking for a luxurious place to simply relax this is perfect. The location is not far from Miami or the airport, if you have some form of transportation, yet it is very quiet and calm, There are restaurants nearby (again a car would be needed) and the hotel also has a restaurant which we didn't get the opportunity to try. Also, this place looks to be a golfer's heaven!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple