“The Blue Staff made my Dream Wedding come true!!!”

Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Doral
Doral
“The Blue Staff made my Dream Wedding come true!!!”
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I just loved it and will be constantley visting THE BLUE. Not only the Restaurant is EXCELENT, the spa, suites and the entire Hotel makes me feel at home.

THANK YOU ALL (George, Melissa, Ezequiel, David, Jorge, Gaby, Chef Joshua Wahler and many more) FOR ATTENDING EVERY SINGLE DETAIL REQUESTED FOR MY PERSONAL STYLED WEDDING DAY!!!

Best regards,
Alejandra and Jonathan Massiani

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
edison
Reviewed 9 September 2009

We liked the hotel so much, we didnt really go out of the hotel.We stayed two days at a different hotel on south beach and for the third day, we came to this hotel to relax.The room was superb and its really a romantic place to stay.They have taken care of each small and big things, one could think about.The room has sitting area, full kitchen and dining table.all the rooms have balconies which faces golf course.we really enjoyed our one day stay at blue.It is one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in and affordable price too.I cant think of getting this much luxurious room just for $99.excellent choice for relaxing and quite vacation.they have big closets in the room with bathrobes for two.they have small LCD in the bathroom as well, my husband enjoyed US open in there.plush bedding.sitting area is also nice.they have jetted tub.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nicky1614
Florida
Reviewed 9 September 2009

This is the first time I write a review, but I felt it was necessary based on the excellent experience my collegues and I had. The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated. the Service was excellent, especially in he Restauran "5300 Chophouse"! and so was the food! the location is second to none, and if you like Golf you're right on the Blue Monster.

Great Experience!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank vacationgolf
Barcelona - Spain
Reviewed 6 September 2009

Dear Fellow Travelers.

My profile is business travel. When taking vacation with the family, I search high quality for the money.
The Blue at Doral City, Miami, Florida is a very high quality place. We were lucky and got an up-grade to a 3-bedroom suite. And we were very pleased. Top quality place. I can only recommend very much. Regardless the price (we got it VERY economically) the quality is top-notch.
Inland, some 30 mins from south beach. That was not an inconvenience to us with two children 4y and 1 y. We made day trips to Miami. Cript at no extra cost.
Yes, some noise from airplanes when in the pool area. But really I am noise sensitive, and I did not mind. Absolutely no noise in suite.
The only recommendation to the Hotel is to equip the kitchen with some more utensils. We did miss some larger knifes etc. for carving meat. But, calling the reception and the brought it all in 5 mins.
My profile: In search for the ultimate luxus at a reasonable cost. This trip with 4 adults and 2 children. Perfect Hotel.
The 3 bedroom suite is VERY big with two floors, some 2000 sq ft, 200 sq m. Excellent friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank puttrup
Doral
Reviewed 4 September 2009

I have eaten here at the 5300 Chophouse in the Blue Hotel over 15 times and I keep coming back. George Rodriguez, the food an beverage manager is always accommodating and ready to please. The Executive Chef, Tim Hughes, brings something new to Doral that is pleasing to the pallet and easy on the wallet. I see some reviews telling people to go next door to the Marriott, and I say go ahead if you want to pay triple the amount and not even compare to the food at the Chophouse.
I have had several friends stay at the hotel and have heard nothing but compliments. When I have friends or clients come to town, its a no brainer, they stay at the Blue.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank lennybogie
StellaBD
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Check-in was ok, mediocre really. No major problems but did not get the “warm & fuzzy” you would expect from a higher-scale hotel. The room was relatively clean, left a little to be desired (looked like the bathroom had not been cleaned, hair on floor & shower). The layout was weird; it really did not feel like a hotel at all…more like newly constructed condos. The pool, did not feel or have all the amenities a pool should have in a luxury hotel in Miami. It was lonely and felt more like a complex community pool than part of a hotel…getting wait-staff out there was no easy feat. Forget about room service – very slow and you are better off getting in the car to the nearest restaurant (or the hotel next door, which had an awesome buffet, really nice & I generally do not like buffets). You will need a car, nothing is located within walking distance – beach / nightlife are a good 25 – 35 minutes. Yes, the golf course is right there & it is a great course (pricey) but that is all you really get with the hotel – no special amenities, spa & pool were insignificant, service was ordinary or below average, location poor and rooms were big but uncommonly big, it just felt weird.

I would not recommend for someone looking for a nice vacation…

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StellaBD
New York
Reviewed 25 August 2009

The place looks like a dump!  The staff has no idea where they are standing...  I was totally up set.  Went for a nice leisure trip and ended up with more stress than anything else.  I was there for a summer vacation, and the pool looked nice on-line!!!! But when I got there!!!! It was a swap infested looking thing!  I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! I sat by the pool for more than an hour.... no one came by!!!!!!!!!!    Later that night I ordered room service, took me 20 minutes to even get someone on the phone,  when a confused employee finally picked up the phone... I asked a few basic questions... they had no idea what was even on the menu. I am not a world traveler BUT the type of incompetence should not be tolerated by a paying consumer!!!!!!!!! DOI NOT GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S GROSS!!! Stay at the next door  at the established Marriott instead

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lisabtt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
InterContinental at Doral Miami
EB Hotel Miami Airport
EB Hotel Miami Airport
#1 of 16 in Miami Springs
Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!