“Awesome food!”

El Tropico Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 262 Restaurants in Doral
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Awesome food!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I'm not Cuban so I really can't compare the food to my grandmother, but so far, in my travels, this has been the best Cuban food we've had and to top it off, it's setup just like a regular diner. We had dinner there last night and came back this morning for breakfast. Had the half-chicken for dinner entree and pork chops for breakfast along with Cuban coffee. The service was great and very patient with all my questions (I know very little Spanish)... Highly recommend.

Visited June 2014

Miami
“Delicious "home style" Cuban cuisine”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Came here with a colleague for lunch today. Had one of the house lunch specialties which I believe was called churrasco de pollo - a flattened chicken steak which was moist and perfectly seasoned and served with white rice and plantains. We ordered a side of black beans to go with it which made the meal or it would have all been a big dry. The food was very good, our waitress who was fully bilingual was on top of everything and charming. We finished the meal with a cortadito sin azucar which is a Cuban espresso with a little hot milk on top. Most Cuban coffee comes with sugar already in it so if like me you don't want sugar - make sure you tell them when you order. They also have fantastic chicken soup here and it's my go to place for " liquid medicine" whenever I am sick. We started the meal with crusty warm rolls and butter which are included. The prices are amazing - $7 for a hot cooked lunch?!? Unbelievable value. Nothing fancy just good food!

Miami, Florida
“TOSTONES RELLENOS DE CAMARONES”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

These tostones are delicious.They sell the as appetizers but you can definitley have them as a meal. They are big with lots of shrimp or picadillo. The shrimp tostones are my favorite. We usually order them at my office once a week. I've tried most of the dishes at Tropico and they are always delicious!

• Visited March 2014
Crossville, Tennessee
“Tender &Tasty Cuban Sandwiches and Wonderful Flan”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

If in the Miami area - one must try authentic Cuban cuisine! So, after booking a room at the Hyatt Hotel in Doral, FL, I did a TripAdvisor search for a nearby Cuban restaurant. The El Tropico Restaurant, which is in a strip mall, was a short 3-4 minute walk from our hotel. Absolutely no need for a car. Walk out the back door of the Hyatt, through an opening in the hedge, cross the parking lot and enter through the restaurant's back entrance.

My spouse ordered a bowl of black bean soup $3.75. We ordered a Cuban sandwich $7.50 and a roast pork sandwich $6.95, which we split. The roast pork was very tender and moist, the Cuban could have used more pickles. We were full, but we were seated within eyesight of the revolving dessert display - so we ordered a flan to go.

Restaurant was very clean, quiet music in the background and a wonderful waitress.

I would suggest that the next time they print their menu - that they change the color of the palm tree "T" in El Tropico from yellow (which is hard to see) to perhaps green.

• Visited February 2014
Denver, Colorado
“You have to try this place!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We recently went to this restaurant because it was recommended to us and it was right next door to the Hampton Inn Airport West where we stayed. No car and no traffic!

Don't let the fact that it is in somewhat of strip mall keep you from going. Walking through the door makes all the difference! It's a quaint restaurant, kept very clean, with cute decorations.

The server was so sweet and helped us decide what we wanted to try since we were new to Cuban cuisine. While some may consider the service pace a little slow, we felt it was just the right pace for a nice, relaxing dinner.

The food was all wonderful and very inexpensive. You'll love it! It's open from 7am - 10pm currently.

• Visited February 2014