“Gross.. smelly ..old.... Do Not Waste Your Money !”

Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Doral
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here in the Spring of 2014. The hotel is very old and it smells of mold and dampness. The rooms were not clean.. and they smelled too. It felt very dirty inside.. and it was a terrible experience. Spend the money for a nicer hotel...

Room Tip: Don't stay here/////
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kc6bkjnza
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear kc6bkjnza,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is always our goal to provide convenient and comfortable accommodations as well as world class service to all our guests. On this occasion we regret we fell short of your expectations. We would like to address this further and have sent you a private message.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 July 2014

IHG Gold Elite member. Given a non smoking suite that was so gross, dirty, and obviously smoked in I had to go buy candles. I had 7 pieces of luggage and traveling alone with a child- zero help offered. Feel like I need to be cleaned with industrial strength bleach just to feel clean again. Again, I learn , you get what you pay for and in Miami, this holds doubly true.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear johanna B,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Gold Member and taking the time to write us a review. We try our best to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. However, it appears that we did not meet your standards especially with the level of cleanliness and service. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay. We hope to hear from you soon.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The location is excellent, the rooms are nice and modern, the staff go out of their way to assist you. I cannot express how helpful they are.The pool is great, the gym is nice and free laundry machines for the guests. I am staying on an extended stay and plan to stay here the entire time. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Miami FL area. There are plenty of upscale chain restaurants as well as ethnic restaurants such as Cuban and Columbian restaurants, and two nearly shopping malls nearby as well.

Room Tip: I have stayed in two separate rooms and they are all equally nice so far.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Hotel is nice and clean. The location is great, very quit and gave me a safe impression.Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was well equipped, with a very extensive kitchenette, and a large fridge. if your in Miami for Business, it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

its a very good hotel very clean. Very nice interier the pool perfeckt jakuzi super !!! i was there 3 weeks long bathroom is very large and perfeckt for families with children. The receptionis at the front desk was very friendly .thanks we schel return soon!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Booked this hotel because it was close to the airport, as we arrived late that night and also because it was the cheapest on booking.com.
No regrets. They clearly communicated it is a long stay value hotel and delivered the service they promise. Stayed here 3 nights. Staff was very friendly and reception always helpful. Hotel is also close to restaurants and shopping malls. Room was ok, bed a bit small, but very comfortable. Allowed us a nice late checkout. I do recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bosfurus
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I made a reservation in November to stay at this hotel. I received a confirming email 2 days before our stay. I arrived at 9 p.m. on the night of my reservation (4/12/14), after spending of $100 in taxi fare to get there from Ft. Lauderdale and was told " we cancelled your reservation because your credit card was declined". When I inquired more I was told they tried to call me several times but aren't allowed to leave a voicemail. I showed the girl my phone with no missed calls and no voicemails - she had no response. At the same time a group of 4 people passed by the desk and said "we had the same experience but ended up with what most likely your room". So basically they over booked the hotel and because we got there later than others we had no room. The girl at the desk was no help and had done nothing to try and help us find a room. I ended up finding another room ( more taxi fare to get there) and resolving it myself. The hotel is not worth your time or money - save yourself the trouble!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family