“PERFECT HONEYMOON”
Review of Ukholo Lodge

Ukholo Lodge
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I was @ Ukholo lodge the last 4 days of my honeymoon.it just completed my dream honeymoon. we got our room "JOY" which was so romantic, we could see the sun rise and we had all the privacy we needed.the atmosphere was what we wanted for our time together in Citrusdal.the fireplace was warm and we will not forget the dinner by the fireplace. The Team there were extremly friendly and helpfull not to forget the exquisite food that was prepared by chef Edmund. if you looking for a quite hideout Ukholo Lodge is the place.

All i would like to say is thank you & i'm definetly coming back....

Shue

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ukholo Lodge

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was in Ukholo Lodge in the third week of February. The serene atmosphere coupled with the friendly disposition of Edmund and his team made my stay an unforgettable experience. I spent two nights at the lodge, and the time I spent got me back in touch with nature. The beautiful surrounding, the vantage view, lush gardens and beautiful flowers coupled with the beautiful room at a give-away price, made my visit to Ukholo Lodge a wise "time-out".

Room Tip: Look out for Peace and Joy rooms. Excellent!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My family and I visited the Ukholo Lodge when our son was a few months old. It was really peaceful and a perfect getaway to recharge as a family. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we returned with a group of friends to celebrate my birthday and again a few months later with 5 other couples as a "family retreat". The lodge offers not only beautifully decorated rooms and stunning scenery, but it is also a safe place where children can play and it is really family-friendly. The owner Eddie is great company and hosted us so well. We will definitely return many more times in future. It's one of our favourite get-out-of-town destinations!

Room Tip: The "Love" room is really spacious and has a great view of the mountain.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We found it very difficult to find accommodation that was pet friendly - some were advertised as such, but were unwelcoming when we enquired about bringing our pets along. Ukholo Lodge was very helpful & accommodating to us & to our pets! It was also lovely to spend days swimming & lazing next to the Olifants River. Thank you Edmund for a lovely stay. Mark, Dee & the three dogs

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2011

The first thing that hits you is the amazing smell of the orange blossoms - the second thing that hits you is the wonderful hospitality! The rooms are gorgeous but I think it's the fact that the lodge just instantly feels like family, a home away from home. We sat under the stars with a burning camp fire and just enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. I would highly recommend the lodge, and I will certainly be going back again and again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Perfekt situiert um die Cederberge zu erkunden, oberhalb der N7 zwischen Citrusdal und Clanwilliam und nahe Algeria gelegen. Wunderbare, aussichtsreiche Lage umgehen von Zitrusplantagen. Wir wurden herzlich aufgenommen, zum suedafrikanischen Barbecue eingeladen und im Kartenspiel unterrichtet. Hier kann man die Ruhe auf der bluehenden Terasse oder vor dem offenen Kamin im Wohnzimmer finden und trotzdem gesellige Abend ums Lagerfeuer mit Gastgebern und Gaesten verbringen.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katharina_I
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Set amongst an orange plantation, Ben really opened his home to us as we camped in the gorgeous grounds of the lodge. Great facilities with awesome dorms and rooms for those who wanted a bed, we were really made to feel welcome in this home from home. Being winter and really chilly out meant that the roaring fire indoors was a real treat and the cheap, fast internet was a total bonus! Cannot reccomend Ukholo Lodge enough!

Room Tip: Camping facilities are good, warm showers! The rooms and dorms very comfy and large so plenty of spa...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DebsIvelja
Also consider these accommodations in or near Citrusdal
Piekenierskloof Mountain Resort
#12 of 21 in Citrusdal
Citrusdal Country Lodge
Citrusdal Country Lodge
#4 of 7 in Citrusdal

Been to Ukholo Lodge? Share your experiences!