Very rarely is it a misstep choosing to stay at a R&C properly, and the Coquillade was no exception.
Located in the beautiful Luberon countryside, the property is a lovely converted village. The rooms are actually old village structures, remodeled with all modern conveniences, and of course at the standard that you'd come to expect from Relais & Chateaux.
Interestingly, upon arrival, you are carted (literally) off via golf cart for a mini tour of the beautiful grounds. The grounds are well manicured and breathtaking.
There is lots to do in this region - from visiting charming nearby towns of Lacoste, Menerbes, etc, as well as visiting lovely markets (Apt, Lourmarin), to driving a bit further out for the L'Occitane factory tour (if you are a fan of their products, this is a must visit).
We dined in the hotel's main restaurant, and were pleased with the level of cooking.
Bottom line: If you've stayed at R+C hotels before, then you know what to expect -- great service, immaculate rooms, gorgeous grounds, fantastic food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coquillade Village, Hotel Relais & Chateaux, Gastronomy, Spa, Vineyard, Cycling. Situated in the Natural Park of the Luberon in Provence, near Gordes and Roussillon, our domain will offer you a unique experience. Exceptional rooms and suites, 3 restaurants (Gourmet, Bistrot and Ristorante), a luxury 1500 m2 Coquillade Spa, wine-tourism activities, and a unique BMC cycling center. For an unforgettable stay and total bliss... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Coquillade Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Coquillade - Demeure De Prestige Hotel Gargas
- Coquillade Village France/Gargas