Superlatives will fail to describe how wonderfully beautiful and yet serene this amazing Relais & Chateaux property is. The Luberon Area of Provence was one of the most beautifully quaint area that my wife and I have ever visited. The hotel itself is totally restored and up to date although it has its roots in a very old structure. Our suite (#101) had a bedroom as well as a living room. Both rooms were large and they both had large french doors that opened onto a private courtyard. The courtyard had its own table and chairs as well as chaise lounge chairs. The linens and towels were of exceptional quality and there was a working fireplace in the living room. Our room was very private and this was our favorite hotel on our vacation through Spain and France that lasted just over two weeks.
My wife and I have stayed at close to forty different Relais & Chateaux properties and La Coquillade is perhaps the best. There is a serenity that surrounds this hotel that is in keeping with the Luberon countryside. There are many small picturesque towns to explore and La Coquillade made the perfect base for us. The breakfasts were excellent and our one dinner at the hotel was amazing as well. This hotel is located in the middle of a vineyard which is owned and operated in conjunction with hotel. I would highly recommend a tour through the winery which is then followed by a wine-tasting. Everything at La Coquillage is tastefully and well done.
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this very fine hotel and sadly we were only able to spend two nights here. When we return to Luberon, this would be the only place that we would consider staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coquillade Village, Hotel Relais & Chateaux, Gastronomy, Spa, Vineyard, Cycling. Situated in the Natural Park of the Luberon in Provence, near Gordes and Roussillon, our domain will offer you a unique experience. Exceptional rooms and suites, 3 restaurants (Gourmet, Bistrot and Ristorante), a luxury 1500 m2 Coquillade Spa, wine-tourism activities, and a unique BMC cycling center. For an unforgettable stay and total bliss... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your Coquillade Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Coquillade - Demeure De Prestige Hotel Gargas
- Coquillade Village France/Gargas, Provence