“Delicious food with a view”

Chamberlin's Lookout Bistro & Boutique
Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Wakefield
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Canadian, Cafe, Healthy, Soups
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Heathly Home Cooked meals in a tranquil setting, overlooking the Gatineau River.
Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious food with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

This charming restaurant (upstairs, not accessible) has wonderful, healthy food, plus mac and cheese for picky children, They also have a play area nearby for kids who are done eating. The view out over the deck is up the beautiful Gatineau River. what could be better. And i have bought some of my grandson's favourite toys and books in the adjacent gift shop.Not to be missed. Above the grocery store in Wakefield.

Visited July 2012

Ottawa
“Average food with a great view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Chamberlin's Lookout is located above the general store in Wakefield, right on the river. The menu is on the smaller side. The food was ok, but wasn't anything that totally jumped out at us. The selling point of the lookout is the view on the outdoor patio. Its up high, overlooking the river, with a fantastic view. The food was reasonably priced. I hope they change up the menu a little as there were few choices I found appealing. The service was good, efficient and friendly. If your looking for a place to have lunch and chill out during a day in Wakefield, and your looking for somewhere with a great view, you may want to consider the lookout, however, in my experience as far as food goes, there are other great options close by.

Visited September 2011
Ottawa, Canada
“Great view and homestyle comfort foods”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

My boyfriend and I stopped by here for lunch because we heard the scenery was great, and we were not let down. We sat outside on the balcony and had a great view of the hillsides and lake. The food was very good, reminding me of classic comfort foods from home. I had the club sandwich and my boyfriend had the tourtiere. The restaurant uses food items locally made and grown (such as bread, cheese, and honey). I would recommend this place for a nice scenic lunch.

• Visited July 2012
Leiden
“homey food, pleasant ambiance, fine service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

We stopped here for lunch. A small, homey place, lovely view over the river. All the food is home made. My sister had the Cajun slow stewed pork (hmmm) and I had the tourtiere. A Caesar was added instead of the regular salad for a small extra. The food was solid, good taste. A real gem this unpretentious but ever so pleasant place. With coffee and tea we spent a little over 20 dollars ex. tax.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank MomandKiki
Ottawa
“Good food, beautiful view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

Went for a quick lunch with my wife and kids and was delighted with the terrific view. The food was very good, and the service excellent. The only downside is that it's not open for dinner, otherwise we'd be stopping off on the way back from the beach!

• Visited June 2011